What Is You Favorite Movie(s)?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
I'll start with in no particular order:

Pulp Fiction
Barton Fink
The way of the gun
Pi
Requiem of a Dream
Snatch
Lock stock and two smokin barrels
trainspotting
3000 miles to graceland
oceans 11 (2000)
scareface
fight club
American Beauty
A Beautiful Mind
American History X

edit -- additions , some I forgot to metion after seeing you all post em, some I just plain forgot.
2001: A space odesy
Full metal Jacket
Matrix
The Money Pit.
Monty Python: and the quest for the holy grail
Monty Python : The Life of Brian

how could I of forgotten
The Usual suspects. man kevin spacey was unbelievable in this film
and Primal Fear (edward norton)

and to make my list simpler: any movies with these actor
Samuel L. Jackson
Edward Norton
Al Pacino
Robert Dinero
Kevin Spacey
Val kilmer
Benico Del Toro
Brad Pitt

Any movie the following Directors Made
Guy Richie
Darren Aronofsky
Christopher McQuarrie

I'll just stop there cause theres to many

Pi was one fucked up movie, kinda hard to understand. what was with that 216 digit number anyway?

the recruit
goodfellas
american history X
back to the future (1)
half baked
billy madison
training day
tommy boy
the matrix

Full metal jacket
Se7en
Pulp fiction
Clerks
Conan the barbarian

and about a hundred others...

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi Posted on Feb 9 2003@ 06:55 PM
Pi was one fucked up movie, kinda hard to understand. what was with that 216 digit number anyway?

It is about a guy trying the solve Pi,you know 3.1454763435138435438476843684366878943887....it goes on forever and he is trying to prove it doesn't.It's about obsession.

Braveheart
Finding forester (yes i am a dork)
Good will hunting
Matrix
Heist (great theif movie)
Scent of a women
Gone in 60 seconds
Borne Idenity (sweet chase in a mini cooper)
Saving Private ryan
Castaway

few others that i cant think of right now. (I will keep adding them as i remember

all the Star Wars movies (ima fan)
Behind Enemy Lines
Gone In 60 Seconds
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Smokey and the Bandit :D
Billy Madison
Grease :ph34r:
American Pie
How High

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 9 2003, 01:21 PM-->
GSRCRXsi Posted on Feb 9 2003
@ 06:55 PM

It is about a guy trying the solve Pi,you know 3.1454763435138435438476843684366878943887....it goes on forever and he is trying to prove it doesn't.It's about obsession.

i saw the movie, and he wasnt trying to prove that. if you pay attention, he actually starts to write the number out at somepoint in the movie and its not pi, it is a solid 200 sum digit number, no decimals, and those jewish people wanted it to find the name of god or w/e, a number that was 200 some digits, long. pi would have nuthing to do with that.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 9 2003, 01:21 PM-->

It's also has a little deeper meaning.

Chaos theory.

In a world of chaos , trying to find perfect order. if you can find a perfect order.
If you can prove there is a perfect order amonst the world of chaos you'd be considered a mathematical god.
question arise, is there a perfect order. is there a way to explain chaos mathematically , or beyond mathematics.

So if you can prove that there is order in chaos, your can prove order in anything, this is why he has an obsession with the stock market. It's about the most complex multivariable mathematical equation every imagined. and to solve this unordered forever changing problem would be to prove there is order to chaos.

that's what I get from it anyway, but anyone who watches it will find different meaing.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Feb 9 2003, 07:56 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 9 2003, 01:21 PM

i saw the movie, and he wasnt trying to prove that. if you pay attention, he actually starts to write the number out at somepoint in the movie and its not pi, it is a solid 200 sum digit number, no decimals, and those jewish people wanted it to find the name of god or w/e, a number that was 200 some digits, long. pi would have nuthing to do with that.

That's kind of funny,going from saying how hard it was to understand to telling me what I got from the movie <_<

I know it was more metaphorical than that but that is what I remember from it and it has been years.

asmallsol
while your out looking for 'Pi"
look for "Requiem for a Dream"
Requiem For A Dream
Requiem means , deam or a death song for.

it's by the same director that made Pi
It'll fucking disturb you.

Dazed and Confused
Gone in 60 seconds (Original Version)
Gone in 60 seconds (New Version)
Jay and Silent Bob strike back
Dogma
Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke
Days of Thunder
John Carpenters Vampires
Pink Floyd The Wall
South Park the Movie
Smokey and the Bandit

Blow, Snatch, Oh Brother where Art thou, matrix was sweet til I saw it a million times, dumb and dumber there are more

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 9 2003, 02:07 PM
That's kind of funny,going from saying how hard it was to understand to telling me what I got from the movie <_<

I know it was more metaphorical than that but that is what I remember from it and it has been years.

i wasnt tryin to say your understanding of the movie was wrong, i agree obsession is a big part of the movie, i was jus saying that the movie really didnt have to do with the number pi. i dont think its even mentioned in the movie. and i didnt say i didnt understand the movie, i meant that i didint understand the application of that 200 some digit number in the movie. i just wish they wouldve explained what the number was and the actual meaning of the number, where it came from, how it was derived, what its used for....blah blah blah, etc. etc. even if the number had nothing to do with the concept of what was trying to be proved. it jus makes me crazy watchin a movie and it doesnt explain a lil detail like that. sorry if you took that the wrong way. no hard feelings :)

OFFICE SPACE

the ladies man

catch me if you can (a slick ass movie)

night at the roxbury(sir hes calling from chicago but he wants to know if your grabbing his ass?)

the french connection

ronin

the bourne identity(love the mini cooper chase and the duel with the sniper)

big wednsday

endless summer

dumb and dumber

me, myself and irene

endless summer 2

slc punk

many more

reservoir dogs (best criminal movie ever)
pi (it's got a good message)
braveheart(crazy irish guys owns joo)
rambo first blood(best stallone movie)
waking life(flash animated movie about dreams)
fightclub
others i can't remember but should...

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Feb 9 2003, 08:44 PM
i meant that i didint understand the application of that 200 some digit number in the movie. i just wish they wouldve explained what the number was and the actual meaning of the number, where it came from, how it was derived, what its used for....blah blah blah, etc. etc. even if the number had nothing to do with the concept of what was trying to be proved. it jus makes me crazy watchin a movie and it doesnt explain a lil detail like that. sorry if you took that the wrong way. no hard feelings :)

Cool not trying to argue :D just saying how I viewed the use of the number and what I got out of Pi as a number that goes on forever 3.14.............it has no end,hence the guys obsession with solving it.I am trying to picture it in my head,like I said it's been a while (and I've been at work for sixteen hours)but I think the number did start 3.142597684...whatever.

Dark Crystal
Heavy Metal
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

ahh,childhood.

Back