what is your defintion of a sports car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

as far as the original question goes, a Lude is not a Sports car because it hardly has "performance." Those things are friggin boats. They are slow and even though they might handle well they don't have everything I would say catagorizes a car as a true "Sports Car."

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Jun 13 2005, 02:39 PM
as far as the original question goes, a Lude is not a Sports car because it hardly has "performance." Those things are friggin boats. They are slow and even though they might handle well they don't have everything I would say catagorizes a car as a true "Sports Car."
[post=511723]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you.

As i said in the other thread, they can't even compete with cars that are 30-40 years older in some cases.

Originally posted by formby@Jun 13 2005, 03:11 PM
what do all those classes mean.....what about swapped cars what class are those in
[post=511713]Quoted post[/post]​

that's the stock categegory.

go to scca.org if you want to leanr more about the preparred and modified classes.

Street Mod is where its at :p

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 11 2005, 03:51 PM
But your idea of a sports car also seems to undercut a large section of vehicles.

Evo, WRX, Supra Yeah those are sports cars

So are vette's Mustangs Camaros and GTOs. Anyone who says those cars are not sports cars probably just dislikes american cars in every way shape in form.

Im not saying i like the mustang, but it is definitely considered a sports car by most of the public. I would consider it underpowered and DEFINITELY lacks in handling.

[post=511178]Quoted post[/post]​

I concur, says sportscar under my insurance for my '01 mustang gt, therefore it must be considered a sports car to some people. And not to defend it too much, but for a stock car that I paid $18,000 brand new( with only 3 miles on it) I'd say it had decent power for the price range. I mean at the time you couldnt beat 260hp and 302 ftlbs trq at the crank for $18,000.

Ford X Plan Discount and some rebate I got from the dealership. At the time the bullitt rims and mach 460 were options and they came with the car so that was nice, leather seats seemed awesome but suck on hot and extremely cold days.

Back