What is your job?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swanny

Just wondering what you guys (and girls) do for a job, your level of education and how much you make,
Me:
I work at a large body shop doing heavy collision repair for 10.50 an hour as of now I have a associates degree in auto body and I’m taking gen. ed. classes in hope of transferring to a 4 year university next year when my girlfriend goes to grad school.

i sell tree's at a nursury. paying my way through college, in which i have no idea what my major is gunna be (2nd sem freshman now)

i used to work at 'Modells' but quit, because they confused Colombian with Mexican. and now i work at this basketball place, im a senior in high school.

I'm 16, and I work at burger king and am the Production Leader, where I get paid the exact same as eveyrone else at 7.16, highest minimum in the country, but i get to boss mofo's around all day long though.

This summer, I get to take up in my dad's siding company and I'll just do side/scrap jobs and make 10.50 under the table. And then next summer, I get my apprenticeship at a big architectual engineering firm when I start school.

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jan 25 2004, 11:20 PM
i sell tree's at a nursury. paying my way through college, in which i have no idea what my major is gunna be (2nd sem freshman now)

:worthy: :worthy:

:repostred: I think we had one like this just as I got here in August...but times have changed.

I'm a delivery guy now for East of Chicago Pizza...it's fun as hell, people give you bigger tips when it's snowing and cold as fuck. :lol:

I'm trying to find a full time job but nothing I've found thus far is worth my time.

As far as education: I have my Diploma and four months of DOS programming and Computer networking classes from Ivy Tech & two years of minor networking setups including setting up DSL, routers, small networks and telephone systems under my belt. I loved that field... I miss it... :( but I don't miss working for my dad. :)

Marketing Consultant aka Field Representative for a Pharmaceutical company in south forida, my contract is up tomorrow and I am going to be asking for the Marketing Manager position, if not then I go find other work.

Currently just enrolled into undergrad again for my third degree in Accounting, and hoping to become a CPA in two years, then off to graduate school for my MBA

objective goal in the work force = Management Consultant/Auditer for a top 50 Consulting firm

I work in the wholesale parts department for one of the biggest Honda dealerships on the west coast. no comment on the pay

I am a full time student at Eastern Washington University, y0! Woot woot!

Bah... who am I kidding? Cheney eats buckets of assholes.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 25 2004, 11:25 PM-->
90 accord
@Jan 25 2004, 11:20 PM

:worthy: :worthy:

:repostred: I think we had one like this just as I got here in August...but times have changed.

I'm a delivery guy now for East of Chicago Pizza...it's fun as hell, people give you bigger tips when it's snowing and cold as fuck. :lol:

I'm trying to find a full time job but nothing I've found thus far is worth my time.

As far as education: I have my Diploma and four months of DOS programming and Computer networking classes from Ivy Tech & two years of minor networking setups including setting up DSL, routers, small networks and telephone systems under my belt. I loved that field... I miss it... :( but I don't miss working for my dad. :)

HAHAHA!

tree's are cool, my job is awsome, and making making commission can be badass! good luck with the full time stuff!!!

no job, but i did jus apply to blockbuster, haha

i work at this fiberoptic company "incom" and im an operator\engineer. i make a bit more than i probably should at my age. :)

i do body work on multi-million dollar aircraft for the air force, almost have an AA degree, and get paid shit!! im 18 btw

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jan 25 2004, 09:05 PM
i work at this fiberoptic company "incom" and im an operator\engineer. i make a bit more than i probably should at my age. :)

May I ask what a bit more is?

I'm just curious what starting pay is for an engineer, because my old man tells me the firms he does business with would be giving me somewhere around 60 for architectual engineering and design type stuff.

i work at blockbuster ....whoever said they applied dont do it that job sucks you have to listen to these bigheaded high and mighty suburbanite assholes yell at you for a 4.23 late fee ....... anyway i do that and im still in high school ..woo

i work at a local pizza restaraunt, ive been there since i was 13 years old and am now making 7 an hour (woowoo), next year ill be headin to college

I step into the blue... :D

My JOB is to Upload/ Download Cargo from Military Aircrafts and Commercial ones to...
s40149af1445da.jpg

I’m a Air transportation Journeyman, Soon to be a Craftsman coz i’m studying for 7 level Upgrade. I'm a Staff Select until I saw-on my stripes this march.

As far as Degrees, I have a Associate Degree in Aircraft Mechanic and One more class to complete (Structural Design II) to finish in my B.S. in Aircraft Technology. Then try to go officer school.

..... And one more thing in my job we get deployed, alot like right now i'm at Manas AB, Kyrgyzstan... :ph34r:

Originally posted by zaneithan@Jan 26 2004, 12:14 AM
i work at a local pizza restaraunt, ive been there since i was 13 years old and am now making 7 an hour (woowoo), next year ill be headin to college

you = :owned: :lol:

full time student at California State University Sacramento with 1 year left until i receive my BS in computer science.
also, work full time for a distribution company doing java development (ecommerce), database administration, network tech, and NT systems tech.

I manage a paint store. It sucks but its a stepping stone and I get to learn how to manage a business on someone elses dime. I am 23 with a BS in Entrepreneurship.
I plan on having my business up and running within the next month in the real estate market. My dream would be to make enough $$$ off of it to buy my house, an m3, bike, new truck (I just bought one but I got rearended and need a new truck that hasnt been hit) and newer boat.

Back