What is your job?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm workin at Jiffy Lube right now. Makin 7.25/hr plus bonuses, actually coming out about $1300-1400 a month.

Thats hardly enough to live on here in SoCal, especially here in San Diego, but it's all good cause I am also a full time student, going for a BA in Architecture, and I also recieve Financial Aid $$ in the Spring and Fall.

Oh yeah and i just joined the Marine's Reserves, so i will go to boot camp this summer. The program i am going to do will pay $19,000 towards school each year and is basically going to pay for my degree. Then i will be commissioned as an officer and will go active for 4 years. The starting pay for a Second Lieutenant, which is what i will start as, is about 60k/year plus full benefits.

So basically i am going to school for my degree, and will make 60k when i graduate without even using the degree.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jan 26 2004, 12:34 AM
I'm workin at Jiffy Lube right now. Makin 7.25/hr plus bonuses, actually coming out about $1300-1400 a month.

Holy shit..those must be some kick ass bonuses man. I was makin $8.50/hr working for my dad and that came out to like $1048 a month spendable cash... :blink:

Ebay hustler

On me and my brother's other account, we closed close to 15,000 the month of December (99.9% of which were Christmas Sales)

Im In sales @ Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties. We are the nations biggest motorcycle distributor! I make 11.00 an hour! Im 19 and this isnt the job im keeping forever. Im trying to get in an apprentice program as an electrician! And @ night Im a PIMP.

Sales when the suns up!
Pimp when the suns down!

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jan 26 2004, 12:34 AM
Then i will be commissioned as an officer and will go active for 4 years. The starting pay for a Second Lieutenant, which is what i will start as, is about 60k/year plus full benefits.

hah, the pay for an O-1 startings like $2272.50 a month

i work as a quality assurance rep for a telemarketing firm. i make about 30k, which the govt takes away and gives to my ex. shes supposed to use the child support for, well, child support, but it mostly goes for beer. if she got off her lazy ass and got a job my % taken out would go down, so shes not planning on getting one so i can pay for child support and "overgrown child" support. so i take home next to nothing.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 25 2004, 11:25 PM-->
90 accord
@Jan 25 2004, 11:20 PM
i sell tree's at a nursury. paying my way through college, in which i have no idea what my major is gunna be (2nd sem freshman now)

:worthy: :worthy:

I'm a delivery guy now for East of Chicago Pizza...it's fun as hell, people give you bigger tips when it's snowing and cold as fuck. :lol:

I'm trying to find a full time job but nothing I've found thus far is worth my time.

:withstupid:

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 26 2004, 12:40 AM-->
senate_9427
@Jan 26 2004, 12:34 AM

Holy shit..those must be some kick ass bonuses man. I was makin $8.50/hr working for my dad and that came out to like $1048 a month spendable cash... :blink:

yeah, profit sharing is about 200 a month, then quarterly bonus is about 2-3 times that. It all averages out to about 13-1400 a month.

I flip rocks on the corner, makin' bouty bout 2000 bones an hour.

Ok, ok, I blew stuff up and shoot people for the taxpayer. Hourly wage? I wish, over time would round me out near Mr. Gates.

I used to work for the biggest tennis specialty chain in the nation. I was making anywhere from $3K-4K a month. They folded and downsized. Now I'm going back to school and working at Fred Meyer which is now owned by Kroger. I'm now making $7.05/Hour. I'm about to shoot myself. I can't even make enough money to have fun, 99.9% of my money goes to bills at that hourly wage.

i drive around all night
mostly delivering drugs
sometimes the occasional human organ (hearts, kidneys, livers, etc)

:)

Originally posted by mikesphat+Jan 26 2004, 01:39 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 25 2004, 11:25 PM
90 accord
@Jan 25 2004, 11:20 PM
i sell tree's at a nursury. paying my way through college, in which i have no idea what my major is gunna be (2nd sem freshman now)

:worthy: :worthy:

I'm a delivery guy now for East of Chicago Pizza...it's fun as hell, people give you bigger tips when it's snowing and cold as fuck. :lol:

I'm trying to find a full time job but nothing I've found thus far is worth my time.

:withstupid:

:blink: Do you work for EOC, or are you with stupid just cause you deliver pizzas?? :p

collision repair techinician, currently working at bodymax collision center and running my own garage as well.

I am the lead operator on a printing press. I print magazines and journals and stuff. Hourly wage: 19.75. But I work nights 7am to 7pm on sun, mon, tues night. And I sell trees too, just not at a nursery. B)

i kinda just sit around answering a phone selling aftermarket accessories to retail businesses watching them rape the end consumer, and clearing 3k a month. its a pretty laid back job, just talk about cars and the occasionally truck all day.

Back