What is your job?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, in a nut shell, I'm an Airframe and Power plant mechanic. I build, Repair, sevice and up keep any and all aircraft I'm assigned to. But, because of layoffs, and cutbacks in the company, they removed me from the flight production hanger at Sikorsky Aircraft to the composites lab. So now I just sit back and let the CNC Gerber machines cut the carbon fiber/kevlar/boron/graphite in to little shapes and ply'es, I bag them, tag them, and put them in a freezer.....while I'm on the internet most of the night...hehe. I averaged $68K's in the hanger, and made $62K's cutting shit. I work for about 6.5 hours, get paid for 8, but actual work is about 3 hours a night. But they will be going ballistic in the next few months, so expect me to post the job hireings...I highly recommend working there.

Cool, I want to get into Pratt when the hiring freeze ends if my business doesn't get going.

I work for Aberdeen Water Department in WA. I started as a temporary guy(I dug holes for two years, and proud of it). After showcasing a few talents, um yeah the job was finished, I started training to replace our Diesel Mechanic. That's the last thing we do. We are two Mr. Fixits for the whole city, fabrication and fixing whatever needs it. My gross pay moves to about $3100 a month this month. The cost of living here is not bad at all, so I'm comfortable. I have two degrees, AA and AS in Criminal Justice. I'm 28, but I don't think I'll ever grow old.

Originally posted by Erin@Jan 26 2004, 11:48 AM
I'm looking for work. Do sales on the side.

Real tough to find a good job here with a decent wage. Florida has one of the highest rates of unemployment in the nation. *sigh*

What kind of sales do you do on the side? My company is looking for a few more sales managers.

Back