What is?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRB16A

Just wondering what the difference is? I heard the PR3 is supposed to be better but I cant find anything that explains the difference.

first of all, pr3 ecu's can come in OBD0 or OBD1 formats. I have also been told that pr3 ecus have slightly more aggressive fuel maps, because it came out of the jdm integra, a slightly more "sporty" car than the crx; it's just my speculation that they tuned the b16a in the jdm integras a little better than the crx. If you are going to chip your ecu, it doesn't really matter.

Edit: Also post this in the right forum next time. Mod's, please move to electronics section please.

A.Are you going to tune it and use that program for the chip?
B.Or use some crappy chip (any of those bullshit ones on ebay and 98% of the other ones you can buy on the market)?

If you chose A, that's a good choice you but gains will be minimal (I.E. 5-10 hp if your lucky)

If you chose B, you're completely wasting your money.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Feb 25 2005, 05:00 PM
A.Are you going to tune it and use that program for the chip?
B.Or use some crappy chip (any of those bullshit ones on ebay and 98% of the other ones you can buy on the market)?

If you chose A, that's a good choice you but gains will be minimal (I.E. 5-10 hp if your lucky)

If you chose B, you're completely wasting your money.
[post=466260]Quoted post[/post]​

5-10 horses is not bad for just tuning with I/H/E. Its like investing in the future.

ECU - $75
Getting it socketed - $10
Having some one tune it ~ depends.

Havinng a motor that runs like it's supposed to - Priceless

Anybody know where I can get a chip for my PW0?

There is a bunch on ebay but I dont know which one would benefit me the most. Anybody have any recommendations?

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Feb 27 2005, 02:05 AM-->
ECU - $75

[post=466713]Quoted post[/post]​

who sockets ecu's for 10 bucks???

4DRB16A
@Feb 28 2005, 11:21 AM
Anybody know where I can get a chip for my PW0?

There is a bunch on ebay but I dont know which one would benefit me the most. Anybody have any recommendations?
[post=467087]Quoted post[/post]​

like everyone already said, if your intentions are to run one of these ebay chips or custom chips for your set up with no tuning, don't waste your time/money. the only chip you should be looking in to buying is a blank one, to have someone personally tune your car, not just slap in some ebay special. my advice would be to look around for people who tune turbo edit (or any other obd0 rom editors) in your area.

Originally posted by projekteg+Feb 28 2005, 09:28 AM-->
MikeBergy
@Feb 27 2005, 02:05 AM
ECU - $75

[post=466713]Quoted post[/post]​

who sockets ecu's for 10 bucks???

There's an old school electronics shop down the street from my house. I'm sure it'll take him all but ten minutes to put the socket in.

Back