what key words should i use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brad94ex

i been looking around tryin to find info on a b18 swap into a 94 civic ex
my question is what key words can i use to get this info
everything i type in is not giving me what i want
someone steer me in the right direction
thanks

really similar to that swap minus hooking up VTEC and the butterfly valve thing on the intake if they even hooked it up in that writeup, i didn't check.

You may have an issue if that transmission is cable as opposed to a hydro one. Either you convert the car to work with it, get/make an adapter, or get another transmission.

My opinion its easier if the car is already a manual and the new engine is also a manual.

Basically you need
Mounts, aftermarket (maybe the del sol mounts for he B16 im not sure),
Axles, 94+ integra, pre 94 wont work.
Shift linkage, aftermarket, or I think you can use the linkage from a 94+ integra,
Radiator hoses I'm not sure of but account for some small parts that may add to the cost. Changing the timing belt may be a good thing to do since its out.

and whatever you decide for the transmission.

Don't forget the proper ECU.

Last edited:
also, if you're keeping you're AC and power steering theres a little extra work involved.

not to sure on the "honda lingo" lol
i got the complete package
complete motor manual tranny (my ex is manual also) wire harness ecu and axels from that car .... i do know that ill have to get new motor mounts which is fine b/c the orginals are toast ... i didnt get the shift linkage so that will have to be bought
every bit of GOOD help is def. apprciated
im up for any input
once again thanks

yea def. gonna change the timing belt and water pump
thats kinda mechanical 101
easier to change now while motor is out

If you've got a B18B1 then it didn't come out of 93 Integra. B18B1 came in the 94-01 models. The 90-93 had the B18A1.
thanks i didn't catch that.

well make sure its OBD1 and find out if the tranny is cable or hydraulically actuated.

im not a honda person so this is my 1st swap or attempt at workin with honda (painted a few) i got a killer deal on the car and the motor so can really complain
anyways how do i tell the diff on the tranny cable or hydro

0405_17z+1988_Honda_CRX+Transmission_Mount.jpg

This one is a cable type, and hydraulic is what is in your car now.

can i use my stock rad. or do i have to use the integra one ?

can i use my stock rad. or do i have to use the integra one ?
Lots of people use their stock radiators, they work quite well, even when building and engine with lots of power. Used the stock radiator for my H22, and on my friends turbo z6 he didn't have any cooling issues

one more question (lol there is gonna be more)
if i use the integra axels will those hook up with the spindles (knuckle) on the civic ex

yes. they have the same spline pattern, refer to the swap reference a little more.
dsc00053.jpg

o yes an hydraulic has the arm out like this and the slave cylinder bolts to the transmission to push against it.

Back