What kind of alarm do you have?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

After having my 'teg stolen WITH a viper alarm, I'm just wondering what you got and how you like it.

I hate these stupid threads... :lol:

If you don't have an alarm, please list car, mods, and address. Thanx - :p

i have a viper...but still sum fuckers cut under the front driver side wheel well...pulled out the hood release cable...snipped it...popped the hood..unconnected the battery(with they also stole) stripped every!...

i have a cheap black widow alarm...its sensitive, self arming and disengages the ignition

I have $600 Marksmen. :worthy: It pages you and lets u know what is going on with the car. For example if a thief tried to go in through my driver's door, my pager would sound/vibrate and the door on the screen would flash. Since I have manual doors, I have actuators (sp?) that go to the connecting rods of the lock so if the car is armed the only way in is through the window... THe locks won't budge.
The alarm also came with a secondary powersupply so if they disengage the main battery, it will still go off. Sunday, I want to put a kill switch to the fuel pump's powersupply

PS I have a "Club" as a visual deterant (sp?) and if someone really wants your car, they will get it no matter what you have. Sometimes they just tow your car away

my car sits a few feet from my bedroom window and my compustar is a paging unit.... so if it goes off i running out with a bat

My car has been broken into about 6 times. My car is basically stock but I had some nice stereo equipment in there. After the last time it was broke into, I put some Code Alarm window stickers on my driver and passenger side windows and It hasn't been broken into for over a year and a half.

LoL, i got NOTHING to keep my car safe, i pull the deck when im leaving, and put in a club, but dont lock it b/c i dont know where the key is. If it does get broken into ill lose it,

when i bought my civic i left the doors unlocked and with nothing worth stealing in it, it was like that for months then i got my compustar and then i put all my goodies in and its almost been a year now no break ins

My alarm is a 240 lb pissed off white dude--I don't need an alarm, I garage the sol 70% of the time.

the first month that I had my civic I got my stereo stolen, only had a HU at that time so that's all they got (and the change in my ashtray)

so then I got a new HU and a sub/amp/new speakers and made a "decoy"
I took the faceplat and all the knobs and buttons off of the tape deck that came with my car and hot glued them to a piece of black card and put that in the DIN slot and never had any probs for the rest of the summer

now I have a cheap ass Car-pro, it wouldn't stop anyone really but it controls my power locks and that is the main reason I have it, plus it makes a fun noise when I arm/disarm it

also, if you have a teg with round headlights it will get stolen. all of my friends that have ever owned one haven't owned it for long. most of them didn't even upgrade the stereo... bone stock and the car would get ripped off and found a few days later stripped from top to bottom

I still cross my fingers every time I walk away from my car, it is one of the worst things to have your car broken into and I don't wish it on anyone

Sean

you mean the 3rd gen tegs... they get jacked mainly for the b18c1 motor thats in gsr or to get parts they can sell quick to make money

Back