What kind of intake for a turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turtl631

I know this is a dumb question, but here goes: what kind of air intake do you use with a turbo? where is it routed from? wouldnt a CAI be useless since the turbo heats up the charge air anyways? i could be very wrong there though...thanks for any replies!

the CAI is useless b/c you have the charge pipe that goes up there. You'd have to make a CAI that goes from the intake side of the turbo out to fresh air with a cone filter on it. Or just stick the filter right to the lip that is on the intake side of the turbo.

Either that, or a short tube to get it past the tranny to block mating surface... I've got a 6" straight pipe with a filter on it. Works great.

yeah, yours mounts the other way.... so it really depends on the manifold style.... which side the inlet is on. most are on the passenger side, mine will be on the drivers side, and a tube simply won't fit... my filter will pretty much be where the a/c compressor will sit

ohh, sorry, i MEANT to say where the a/c compressor WOULD sit.

my manifold won't allow for it. its coming out. trust.

Back