What kind of paint for interior DA9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djdeity

Ok im painting almost all the plastic paneling inside of my Teg. I've removed 1/2 of it still got the left side and the dash. I am NOT a painter. I figure all of the hard plastic will hold plain old semi-gloss spraycan paint with out chipping or flaking much unless its been abused.
My question is what kind of paint should I use for the plastic stuff with the foam backing? Its the padded stuff mostly on my dash, side doors...and celing. Is there a special kind of rubber/vinyl paint that will be crack and flake resistant? I assume sisnce its padded and on the dash and doors that if I paint it with regular can paint it will crack before I can even pop the panels pack into place.

if you paint the interior your a ricer let me gess white? Baby blue? O I know neon green.

Duplicolor makes paint for every application. They even have paint that sticks to the fabric of your seats.

Dupli-Color : Yes You Can

Just please go with black or grey, not red and such. kk thxx buy buyz:D

Last edited:
why are you helping him rice out his car brad! I think the 17s on your hatch are catching up on you. lol

if you are restoring your car, for the love of god restore it...dont destroy it. buy new panels and dash if need be...but dont paint it.

I believe they make a plastic dye for restoring the OEM color of plastic panels. Also, Armor-All works wonders.

SEM makes good products for painting/dying interior pieces/fabrics and most people seem to have great results. Just take your time and do lots of prep otherwise it will chip off within a couple of weeks.

please get off this site you RICER!!!!!!!

Wow, what a warm welcome to the site. You're an idiot. He is probably looking to freshen up the interior, the car is probably old. Simply put, don't post unless you have something constructive to say. You're not doing anyone any good.

To the OP: +1 for DupliColor. They make stuff that matches stock interiors I believe.

Thanx. I'll have to check out duplicolor. Found a few other paints that work, gonna probably vinyl coat most of it. We'll see I'll have to do some testing. It would be nice to find perfect replacement panels but every yard i've been too the panels are faded, gone, or F***** up. Don't get me wrong the car is gonna be custom built, im building it for the street not the track so making it look good and custom is part of the fun. Driving something that looks like shit on the track is no big deal as long as it performs, on the street most people wanna look decent. My opinion ricers add too much and have nothing under the hood (spoilers, street glow, fat muffler tips with stock piping stock cat and headers) trust me I know I live in the Bay and smoke ricers with my shitty DA with only one mod and thats a new B18b.

First I would say do not paint anything. Painting your interior isn't a good idea. Getting the paint to stick and look good is difficult, and the heat/cold cycles that the car goes through will tear it up over time.

But if you MUST paint..
Don't paint anything that you touch. (radio surround, things that you will rub against every day) A couple of chips in the paint and you're worse off than having stock faded stuff.

But, before you do anything, Try out Meguiare's NXT generation Tech Protect. Meguiar's Direct NXT Generation® Tech Protectant Its a little high priced.. ($6 to $9 a bottle depending on where you go) But it is magic in a bottle. It'll bring back old faded panels, rubber, vinyl, etc.. I use it on the body armor of my jeep.. It is faded pretty bad, but an application of this stuff makes it look brand new for about 3 weeks. It isn't greasy like armor all and doesn't attract dust.

where would you find dye to do that? i picked up a blue interior panel for the trunk of my DA and the rest of my interior is black.. i've been looking for some time now for that piece but all i could find was a blue one. i'm just trying to make it match the rest of my car..

Back