What kind of Power can a N/A H23 make?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kosh

I have a coworker who has a H23 sitting in his garage taking up space that he wants to get rid of. He claims the engine is making over 300hp. I have a hard time believing a non-vtech n/a H23 could make this power. He says it has the following parts :

Resleaved to 2.5L
JE Pistons
JG Cams
Reworked Head by Head Works
Larger Throttle Body
Eagle Crank
DC Sport Headers
AEM Timing Gears
Hondata P14 (Dyno'd)

What do you guys think?

nope...not gonna happen bro.

best WHEEL horse power ive heard of on an NA H23 was 210 and that is REALLY pushing it....more than 230 is straight BS without a VTEC head...after that the highest ive heard is like 275.

If it was turbod itd be more believable. Somone is talkin outa their ass.

Also, Eagle doesnt make cranks for the H23. If they do then its a custom job

Thanks for the replies. That is what I thought. I know he was talking crank HP, but still sounds like he is talking out his ass. For the price I'll still grab it. Can't decide if I should get a prelude to put it in or try to swap into my 95 civic.

everybody knows that if you are going for high HP na motors, you don't cheap out and get a DC sports header. Plus, he would want to get more head parts, and probably some new rods. that's a half ass build and would be lucky to get 200 hp to the wheels.

I forgot to mention forged rods, new bearings, valves, springs. Pretty sure the head was ported. He said he spent about $7k having it all done. Seems kind of crazy to me.

werd...the h22 will do what he did for what 3k (shipped). add another 3k to the h22 and you have about 200-210 to the wheels (stock bottom end).

6K will only get you 200-210 to the wheels in an h22? What a rip. I could have 350+ out of my b18 for about half. H22 parts must cost a ton.

all motor...yeah, thats about what itll cost. im thinking:

98mm Skat Crank: $1,000
89mm 12:1 Pistons: $450 (my price)
Eagle H-Beams: $330 (my price)
Manley Valves, Springs and Retainers: $600 (my price)
Crower Stage 3 Cams: $500
TWM ITBs: $1,200
DSM Injectors: $50 (if not lower)
Adjustable Cam Gears: $130
LSD: $900 (optional to most, but not me)
WB O2: $200
Crome: Free

a lil over 5k...close to 6k

Still more to be done but actually that setup will get you in the 250-260 range....oops.

Lower the cost of the pistons by about a hundred bucks (For JE Shelf Stock) and drop the ITBs for a ported TB and youll have about 210.

None of that includes labor.

get yourself an RMF header with an H build :) even without the ITB's you would still be like 230 240

Back