what kind of power should i expect ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM_EK9R

all motor
ok here is the setup...just wondering if anyone ever had something similiar with their ls/vtec build and wondering what kind of power they put down... my friend has a b18c5 in his 94 cx hatch and has bolt-ons. my goal is just to rape the ever living shit out of him on the street (in my dc2) =) he thinks his car is the fastest thing around... but anyway, here is the list for my build...

- b18b block
- b16 head
- skunk2 valvetrain
- skunk2 pro-2 cams
- skunk2 intake manifold & throttle body
- ctr stock bore pistons w/rings
- shotpeened ls rods with arp rod bolts
- itr oil/water pump
- hytech header
- aem fuel rail
- rc 310cc injectors
- walbro 255 fuel pump
- 96 itr tranny w/lsd
- act 6puck sprung
- oem head gasket

it will be tuned on crome. anyone have any idea what kind of whp i should make? my goal is 210-220 whp hopefully.

With ls rods/block B16A head and civic type r pistons you'll have 14:1 compression! Hope your running race gas.

Port and polish to see more hp. If you are spending all the money on the valvetrain...at least get the most out of it.

Dude what the hell:
brokeback
headwork
money
all the makings of a :ghey: thread.
LMAO.........jokes jokes jokes

But as Blanco stated 180 is true

hey

my friend has everything u have if ur motor is as healthy as his and ur tuner is good he should get u at least the minimum of 190 thats if ur not losing power stage 3's should get u 195-200

Hey, he's the guy who said he wanted to rape his buddy in the streets. :huh:

:D
Hahahahahaha!!!

In the street, bust brokeback mountain on his friend ohhh boy.

Ummmmmm whats your friends e-mail address so I can tell him to wear an ass plate.........my version of a cup for the ass.:D

your build is worthless without a good header and head work. if you want 200 hp, spend another $1500 on an smsp or rage header and get it ported.

Damn all that work and parts is getting really expensive. $1500 for a header..wow! For double that he could have a reliable turbo setup, and be almost guaranteed to "just rape the living shit out of him on the street.."

Damn all that work and parts is getting really expensive. $1500 for a header..wow! For double that he could have a reliable turbo setup, and be almost guaranteed to "just rape the living shit out of him on the street.."
no, it was $1500 for a header and the head work. and yes, a little more and you could have a turbo and win easily.

we've said it before and we'll say it again. "all motor is the expensive way to go slow"

ok here is the setup...just wondering if anyone ever had something similiar with their ls/vtec build and wondering what kind of power they put down... my friend has a b18c5 in his 94 cx hatch and has bolt-ons. my goal is just to rape the ever living shit out of him on the street (in my dc2) =) he thinks his car is the fastest thing around... but anyway, here is the list for my build...

- b18b block
- b16 head
- skunk2 valvetrain
- skunk2 pro-2 cams
- skunk2 intake manifold & throttle body
- ctr stock bore pistons w/rings
- shotpeened ls rods with arp rod bolts
- itr oil/water pump
- hytech header
- aem fuel rail
- rc 310cc injectors
- walbro 255 fuel pump
- 96 itr tranny w/lsd
- act 6puck sprung
- oem head gasket

it will be tuned on crome. anyone have any idea what kind of whp i should make? my goal is 210-220 whp hopefully.

I think with this setup you can reach 200whp now how much after 200whp I don't know it will depend on your tuner and do you have any cam gears on this setup? You don't need headwork to make 200whp but in the same token it will help your setup make more than 200whp and get closer to 210-220whp.

we've said it before and we'll say it again. "all motor is the expensive way to go slow"

And I'm living proof of this :confused: . But I have my reasons, though some times I do have my regrets about not getting the boosted jdm gsr I could've got instead of the type r. But when i remember the reason I did the itr swap it brings a smile to my face. 1. my 1st all motor project, 2, the coveted type r with under 30,000 miles, (at time of purchase). and 3. my favorite quote.

itr swap = $5500
parts to build engine and labor cost = $4000+
look on the guy's face with the boosted setup when I beat him and say after, it's all motor = Priceless :cool:

itr swap = $5500
parts to build engine and labor cost = $4000+
look on the guy's face with the boosted setup when I beat him and say after, it's all motor = Priceless :cool:
but thats $9500 when a boosted ls will cost $3500 and beat an all motor itr. i doubt the NA itr is into the 12's.

Back