What Kind of Sushi?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

I remembered there were quite a few sushi buffs in here. I just wanted to know what kind you have tried and liked. Im still only a novice.

I really like the unagi (eel), fried oyster rolls, maguro (medium tuna), sake (salmon), and the tamago (fried eggs). Ive had octopus, but its too chewy. And some arent that great. The mackeral is just too fishy smelling.

Anyway, Id like some suggestions on what to get.

<----Sushi Guru....

I've almost everything...and even some...

My fav is Uni....

But...I will pig out like crazy on some good Toro....

english please :)

i just go by colors when I get sushi, I love the way it tastes, but know aboslutely nothing about what i'm eating

eel and shrimp are my favorite... but i like the rolls better. Some rolls to try are the new york roll (with apples), philadelphia roll (salmon and cream cheese), rainbow roll, california roll (starter one), and my favorite maryland roll (crab :nod: ). They are all good and you get a ton of food for cheap. I have had alot of sushi in my time but always with some sake :)

I honestly hate fish, but some of the sushi i have tried is good. its just ridiculously expensive here, so i never eat it

Originally posted by Airjockie@Mar 30 2005, 04:50 AM
Turbomirage will find this post...he has something to say about seared Tuna...

:p
[post=480607]Quoted post[/post]​

seared tuna is fucking awesome!!! its definately my favorite.

:thumbsup: to whatever sushi place we visited this weekend. :lol:

no one metioned salmon or albacore! both are awesome. Also try red snapper and crab/tuna hand rolls.

Originally posted by Lshatch916@Mar 30 2005, 04:10 AM
if ur in sacramento hit up mikunis.....seared tuna :thumbsup: unagi :thumbsup: In the homer voice MmMMMMmMM sushi AHhhghghgh
[post=480598]Quoted post[/post]​

good, but expensive and usually really busy. Another good place in sac is the rickshaw, a bit more reasonable and the atmosphere is quite a bit calmer. I've heard akebono in granite bay is good too.

Originally posted by Oscar Mayer@Mar 30 2005, 02:19 PM
Jeef is a big fan of tubesteak, rawdog style.

Don't forget the yummy yummy sauce ;)
[post=480721]Quoted post[/post]​

dont be ghey steve, dont be ghey. :p

Back