What Kind of Sushi?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

[/QUOTE] oscarmeyer
Jeef is a big fan of tubesteak, rawdog style.

Don't forget the yummy yummy sauce icon_wink.gif
asshat

I never had sushi and I hate fish except for the occassional tuna fish sandwich. Are there any kinds that don't taste like fish.

tamago (egg) shouldnt be fishy at all.

Jeef, I HATE fish. I won't even eat a tuna sandwhich.

sushi- i love it.

I don't think ANY of it tastes or smells fishy. it's when you cook it it gets all smelly and gross i guess...

If it smells like fish its rotten. I don't think I have ever had good sushi that smelled like fish. I guess it would be like getting your beef of the rendering truck. You would sure as hell want to cook it before you ate it.

This is a stupid question, but how safe is it to eat the raw fish?

ive been eating sushi at least once a month for about 8 years
when i was in school i was getting it almost every day
i have yet to get sick from it

id say its pretty damn safe

the whole 13million people in Japan eats it all the time, and very few cases of any thing unsafe has ever happened...

If it smells like fish or tastes like fish...then it's not a good sushi place...sushi rarely ever has a fish taste or smell...

The few places that I have had sushi had live tanks with live fish....they cut it in front of you and serve it....those are the best places to eat. God I can't wait to get back to Sushi-land... :)

i've been getting this roll...its usually called something different at every place...anyway its like a california roll but instead of crab its got tempura shrip with some sort of semi spicy sauce on top. its great...but i cant forget inari. we call em footballs. no fish at all.

I'm all about the Spider hand roll and Spicy Tuna.

We have some real good stuff here in Seattle.

I don't think ANY of it tastes or smells fishy. it's when you cook it it gets all smelly and gross i guess...
thats what i try and tell everyone. but i would agree with those that say its all good. but which do you think it better sushi or sashimi?(with or with out rice) o and bring on the wasabi. in 7th grade a friend and i had a wasabi eating contest. it ended quickly with both of us almost throwing up.

Back