What kind of suspension do you have?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkwzt21

Anyone own a decent set of coilovers that they would buy again if they had the chance too? If so, what kind are they? What is your drop range? How is the ride for daily driving, close to stock? How is the ride for auto-X and drag? There are so many different set-ups to choose from, i was just curious what everyone likes.

i have dropzone lowering springs w/ dropzone gas struts...not the best by any means, but it works for me and my wallet

before these i had coil overs with stock 13 year old struts..horrible

tein ha - hate them. fuck tien
silkroad section a8 - decent for the money. would buy again for a mid-top of the line setup.

Tein SS coilovers, love them as well. Would buy again :)

Honestly, does anyone have a suspension set up that is close to stock ride? Im looking to purchase the $1700 Tein Flex suspension system for my 2003 EP3 Civic SI. I want to use it primarily for AutoX but i cant bring myself to buy them because i dont want to sacrifice the stock ride tooo much. Any Helps guys?? (sorry to thread jack bro)

Tein FLEX- I love mine. The ride isn't like stock, but once you get everything dialed in, it's a nice and firm but SMOOTH ride. It's not harsh at all with the shocks set at about half of max damping.

Kinda cheap coilovers with stock shocks. Its flat in the corners but the ride quality will rattle the teeth out of your mouth. They suck. Do it right the first time and get good equipment.

Tanabe Sustec Pro SS.... love em
smoother ride than any of the tein equipped cars ive driven/ridden in
very stable in the corners
great for autoX and road coursing

i dont change the settings at all.... street/autoX/road course.... always the same.... i love them

i would definatly buy them again :thumbsup:

Tokicos, with Ground Controls. would I buy them again, hmmmm...maybe, since I got the bugs worked out, and started experimenting with the settings, they are actually a decent set up, especially for the price. That five way adjustability is actually a lot more room than I thought it was going to be.

I have Gr-2 Shocks with Eibach sportsline springs. Great ride and really tight once i fiixed the washer problem :D . But i'll mostlikey change my shocks next year to the KYB AGX. My ride is alittle lower then when i was on coilovers but the quality is 50000000000000000000000000000000000% better

I'm using kyb agx's and neuspeed sport springs, firm and tight, yet overall a smooth ride. I've had no problems using them for auto-x or daily driving.

tein HA on del sol, love them. kinda harsh for DD but wonderful at HPDE's.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 27 2004, 10:00 PM
Tein FLEX- I love mine. The ride isn't like stock, but once you get everything dialed in, it's a nice and firm but SMOOTH ride. It's not harsh at all with the shocks set at about half of max damping.

are you running the EDFC too???

Tanabe Sustec Pro SS Type II

Love em, would buy em again.
Like E said, great ride, great handling.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 28 2004, 03:34 PM
are you running the EDFC too???

You can run EDFC on any of the adjustable teins, however, on civics its so easy to do it, its not needed. On some other cars to get at them you have to take off a shit load, so those pretty much need them.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 27 2004, 06:02 PM
tein ha - hate them. fuck tien

tein ss - hate them. fuck tein. :fuckyou:

koni yellows w/ gc sleeves & eibach springs is where it's at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back