1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what kind of trannie do i have?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by wickedplastikman, Dec 17, 2003.

1. wickedplastikman

wickedplastikman Senior Member

i have a jdm b16 but i noticed that the label where the type of trans is at has a nice clean empty spot. is there another location on the trans where the type is engraved in or something?

2. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

you probably have a manual tranny....lol j/k but where did you get it from? ask them.

3. 97hatch

97hatch ?

ill give you a heads up on this. as you probaly know there are alot of auto jdm b16s and some places just throw what ever trannie they have around on the block. look for fresh tool marks and diffrence in cleenlyness on block and tranny as for what kind it is do you have pics.

4. wickedplastikman

wickedplastikman Senior Member

well............it definitely is a manual trans!! but, there are no real differences in the trannie and the block. and i think i remember the label coming off when i was doing the swap. i bought the engine from sokos and they dont know shit about it except that it is a b16! so i guess i might just never know.

5. theB16tegguy

theB16tegguy Senior Member

just make sure you don't hit 42mph in 1st gear. That would be a big sign that it's not the right tranny. :blink:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted