what kind of turbo do I buy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twerker08

I am very interested in running turbo.What kind of turbo would you guys recommend for a 98 B18b1 this motor is in my 93 honda civic hb.Dont want to buy one that is to small and not to big.All the help you guys can give me, would be great.I forgot to mention that this is non-vetec sorry.Thanks

Get a Greddy turbo. I love those things. It works great for me.

someone on here i think, recommended a max rev kit from ks-motorsports.com it's just the turbo, intercooler, piping, downpipe, exhaust manifold, hoses etc. and there is an option to get the hondata s200b with the kit. it doesn't come with injectors or fuel pump, boost controller or anythin like that..... i don't know about them, but i'm thinkin about lookin into it. there is an option to get a t3 60-1 instead of the t3/t4......

Our kit comes with the T3/T04E 57 trim turbo. We are running a special on our B series kit on the site for $2599. E-mail me if you have any questions.
Thanks

hey mike at max rev...how come you guys are the producers of the maxrev turbo kits, yet ks-motorsports sells the max rev kits for only 2400?

I got a real good deal on a turbo,it is a Teo4h.Is this a good first turbo or not.maybe someone on the site can tell me the charge pipe bends i need for a B-series engine.The turbo came with the factory wastegate,I was wondering if this is good enough,or should I buy a better one.

you're pretty much stuck with the waste gate that comes with internally gated turbos, as replacing it is pointless. it will probably cost more to do so than do just buy a real turbo in the first place.

the teo4h is about as small as my left nut on a good day :p don't expect anything crazy from it, because you will only be disappointed if you do.

If that turbo is to small,what turbo should I get.I am only looking for a turbo that will put out 150 to 200hp.Help me find a turbo that will give me that much.

I was just going through the replies to my post and a couple of you said the T3/T4.Know this may sound stupid but I am new to turbo,so is that the type of turbo or does it mean a T3 or a T4.

the teo4h is fun not a ton of boost but very rsponsive.
If you want weld the waste gate shut and use an external gate.

do you want 150-200 MORE, or 150-200 total?
more is not happeneing... total, sure.

every motor responds differently to every thing you do to it. thats the factrors. there is no set in stone doing X yeilds Y, and its even more so varried when it comes to boost.

how much HP depends on the following:
-turbo size, trim, a/r, wheels, bearings, portings, etc
-turbo inducer, turbo exducer
-flow map per psi matched to motor
-intercooler efficiency rating
-boost pressure
-flow characteristics of the charger pipe, intake manifold, valve lift/duration, head cc of flow
-CC of the combustion chambers
-manifold design
-size of dump tube/exhaust
-proper fuel to mix with
-proper spark to ignite

and 10000s more little things

that said, 10 psi on a tdo___ anything is not going to be big numbers here... on a b-series, i think youre wasting your time. on a d-series, you might hit 200 whp with proper fuel.

Back