What Kind Of Turbo Would You Recommend?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Redliner19

Hi guys, this is my first post, so be easy on me. :) I have a 1999 Civic EX coupe with a stock JDM B18c and I plan on putting a turbo late this year (around Christmas). I know the engine is great for boost, but I want some recommendations as to what kind of turbo kit I should slap in. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Redliner19@Apr 25 2003, 09:41 PM
Hi guys, this is my first post, so be easy on me. :) I have a 1999 Civic EX coupe with a stock JDM B18c and I plan on putting a turbo late this year (around Christmas). I know the engine is great for boost, but I want some recommendations as to what kind of turbo kit I should slap in. Thanks guys.

Its not all about the turbo(well half is).Its a matter of fuel management and if your stock engine can handle the boost..Be more specific..

How much boost do you want to run?
How much hp etc are u looking for?
How much is you budget?
Are u going to build it up?
Is this for street or drag?Or both?

Originally posted by BoneStock@Apr 26 2003, 07:30 AM
Its not all about the turbo(well half is).Its a matter of fuel management and if your stock engine can handle the boost..Be more specific..

How much boost do you want to run?
How much hp etc are u looking for?
How much is you budget?
Are u going to build it up?
Is this for street or drag?Or both?

I plan on boosting around 8-12psi daily driven for street uses, not drag. I am not looking for major hp gains, just enough to be running at least high 13's in the 1/4 mile. I will have about $2500 to spend on the turbo and run 6psi with the stock internals, but later on I will upgrade the internals so it can run 8-12psi safely on a daily basis. I am going to build it up, but not excessively. Thanks

Get a t25 kit off ebay or some shit.The t25 spools up very fast.

if you want high 13s, why are you even boosting??
you need less than 200 whp to run a high 13 in a civic. why not just get some cams and some valve train?????

What I did was I went to Hahnracing.com and I bought a T-78 for about $899.

Then I went to revhard.com and I bought a cast manifold for about $600.

I am making about 700 hp and running mid 10s at about 21psi.

The only other thing you need to do is remove your head gaskets because they will only slow down

the boost, so get rid of those gaskets, and possibly buy some aluminum pistons.

Originally posted by oldmopwater@Apr 27 2003, 01:49 PM

The only other thing you need to do is remove your head gaskets because they will only slow down

you know what get off the site and pull your head outa your ass then walk back to the cave you came from

s3eac46c17ef4e.jpg

Originally posted by oldmopwater@Apr 27 2003, 01:49 PM

:lol:
Whats ur full setup then?
Revhard manifolds go for 300 on h-t or ebay..why did u pay 300 more?
What fuel management u using?
Whats ur compression?
Whats ur a/f like on the dyno sheet?
What engine?

Did u estimate ur power or did u actually dyno it?

As for now Ill wave my lil flag :bs:

Back to the original post. Even though I hate to be saying this because I hate BOTTLES, you should just squeeze. If all you want to do is hit 13's and and you're not going to take it to the track there'd be no reason to spend all that money to turbo your motor. Spend $500 on a NOS, ZEX, etc, etc, kit and shoot 75shot and you should hit mid 13's easily. Not to hate or flame, but BOTTLES are for babies, and you do sound like a new born. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do. :blink:

Back