What kind of ZC is this??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

also will the intake and exhaust manifold from my D 15 fit onto the ZC. the valve cover on my ZC was black.

I'm doin the same swap into my 93' coupe. What kind of ZC is this one. 2408233
also will the intake and exhaust manifold from my D 15 fit onto the ZC. the valve cover on my ZC was black.

This is a JDM ZC DOHC. It has a red valve cover. What is stamped on your block? Just ZC? Is it a SOHC or a DOHC. If it's a DOHC I think it's the same as mine just a different year. The exaust mani might fit but if it's a DOHC it might be tight to the block and oil pan. I didn't get to try mine yet as the head is undergoing some work. I'm sure the intake mani won't work. Even tho it might line up i'm sure its a different fueling system.

Ic3

This is a JDM ZC DOHC. It has a red valve cover. What is stamped on your block? Just ZC? Is it a SOHC or a DOHC. If it's a DOHC I think it's the same as mine just a different year. The exaust mani might fit but if it's a DOHC it might be tight to the block and oil pan. I didn't get to try mine yet as the head is undergoing some work. I'm sure the intake mani won't work. Even tho it might line up i'm sure its a different fueling system.

Ic3

Ok makes sense thanks. What I was asking what kind of ZC is mine. ZC 2408233 and it has a black top. Don't know if it is SOHC or DOHC.

ZC is the engine code. I think that other number is the casting number or something. You have a real ZC. To check if its single or dual over head cam look at the valve cover. a DOHC will be a bit wider and have two indents up words to clear the cams. You should also have two timing gears. If its a SOHC it should look more like a bread baking pan with only one cam inside. If the valve cover looks the same as mine up top its DOHC. I think we have the same motor.

Ic3

That we do because it is a dual overhead cam. Also that means it is a DOHC engine. I wonder what the difference is between the red and black tops.

DOHC stands for dual over head cams lol
To be honest I think mine was a black top just painted. Its not black underneath and the paint job is really well done around the symbol and lettering but i'v seen good work done with a sandblaster and a steady hand. Apparently there is brown top ones but I looked threw some pictures of it and they mount different to the head. The engine you got will be simple enough to put into your car altho I do recommend reading up on honda's and getting a swap magazine or two. The best way to learn is just search threw forums like these and honda-tech.com and look threw swaps done into your car and read what they post. Alot of posters that document there work around here go into detail on what to do and it really does help others.

Ic3

I just figured out that my engine is from a 88-91 civic /crx and that it is a OBD 0. What do I have to do to my car to get the engine in because I know that my car is a OBD 1?

if you look in the middle between the header .it will have a date on it. 89-90-91 somthing like that that will tell you what year it is

if you car is OBD-1 upgrade the motor to OBD-1 all you will need is a dizzy i dont remember what year OBD-1 dizzy fits the DOHC ZC but im sure if you look around you can find it. just remember to get a NONVtec dizzy, the P28 ECU you have in you car.. will run the ZC fine. i you want it to get bad MPG and you want a extra 10-20hp get it chipped for phearable.net

drain all your fluids
don't kill your radiator
make sure that when your unbolt your motormounts that your motor is supported by whatever your pulling it with
ebay spoon stuff is usually poop
you'll want a new headgasket probably
and spark plugs for it, I don't know what fit the zc's, I know more about d's.

DOHC stands for dual over head cams lol
To be honest I think mine was a black top just painted. Its not black underneath and the paint job is really well done around the symbol and lettering but i'v seen good work done with a sandblaster and a steady hand. Apparently there is brown top ones but I looked threw some pictures of it and they mount different to the head. The engine you got will be simple enough to put into your car altho I do recommend reading up on honda's and getting a swap magazine or two. The best way to learn is just search threw forums like these and honda-tech.com and look threw swaps done into your car and read what they post. Alot of posters that document there work around here go into detail on what to do and it really does help others.

Ic3

Hey man how is the swap goin......I got most of my engine put together...Still tryin to scavenge up enough money to get a OBD 1 ZC DOHC dizzy. Have you got the head on yet???

Back