What kinda camera are you using?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
im looking to buy a digital camera after the holidays or maybe someone already bought me one i leaning toward a cannon g6 . im interested in what kind everyone else is using, how much it cost and post some pics taken with it.

what kind?

how much?

post a pic using it.

I have a cannon powershot sd100. Great for what it is. Cannon makes the best digital cameras IMO.

Stay away from the HP brand.. they are teh suck.

I favor Canon and Nikon

even though I told you to stay away.. I am selling my HP haha.. It is a HP Photosmart M407

But yes stay away from HP.
buy my cam,
HP is crap for real
buy my cam,
Never buy HP

I use the canons and Sony DSC series. Well currently i use a crappy intel webcam for pics. But I've always used a canon or sony.

Minolta is decent also.

higher pixel count = higher resolution

higher resolution = "better" picture

I personally wouldn't use anything less than a 3.x MP

well, resolution isn't everything.

all resolution will give you is larger pictures.
when you re-size them down to web format (8mp is like 2056x2000 or some shit pixels wide... f'in huge) it forces more pixels into 1 given spot. but ultimately, you're limited by your 600 dpi printer or whatever you plan to show them on... unless you have a really good photo printer.

the LENS is what gives you great pics. not the mega pixel.

a 3 mp PRO camera with a high qual lens will produce a better looking picture than an 8mp normal lense (like mine) at resonable 3mp sizes.

if you're just looking to get pics on the web, pretty much any point-and-shoot camera will be fine.

if you plan to print pictures, thats where you get into the quality loss.

i got a Kodak EasyShare CX4200 digital camera. i paid like $100 for it 2 years ago at Circuit City. heres a picture i took with it:

med_gallery_16_235_90618.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
well, resolution isn't everything.

all resolution will give you is larger pictures.
when you re-size them down to web format (8mp is like 2056x2000 or some shit pixels wide... f'in huge) it forces more pixels into 1 given spot. but ultimately, you're limited by your 600 dpi printer or whatever you plan to show them on... unless you have a really good photo printer.

the LENS is what gives you great pics. not the mega pixel.

a 3 mp PRO camera with a high qual lens will produce a better looking picture than an 8mp normal lense (like mine) at resonable 3mp sizes.

if you're just looking to get pics on the web, pretty much any point-and-shoot camera will be fine.

if you plan to print pictures, thats where you get into the quality loss.

That was my next point. Higher resolution will help with detail, but only when paired with a good lens and ccd.

Moral of the story: don't buy cheap crap. a Sony 3.xx MP will be better than an HP 5.xx MP. Read reviews and make an educated decision.

I used to have a P51... I upgraded to an Olympus C4000 Zoom...
B00006F2MW.01.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Great SLR Like Camera... I have a Lens adapter with up close lenses for it too...

ive got a casio 4mp exlim. cost me 300 bones a year ago. been with me this whole year in my flak-vest... needless to say ive dropoed it quite a few times :) and its still held up. ive got about 4gigs of pictures and video of the crazy shit we do out here...

Back