What Kinda #s U Think I Will Have?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18b1

hey i have a 95 LS motor thats been benson sleeved with crower rods, JE 9 to 1 comp pistons its been balanced and blue printed with a JG head that been port and polished with SS valves and crower turbo cams with a ITR mani thats fitted to a LS head.....im looking into turbos...i was wondering what kinda number i could put down with say a SC61 turbo with 20 PSI ....just a rough estimate would be nice...and also if u could post similar set ups with numbers and times that would be great ...thanks in advance

in the scc mag there is a section that gives you options for a lot of the cars talked about in this site. also, the hardware/extras needed to complete the setup. it gives you and approximate hp rating. i'd look at that stuff then figure in that you have the port polish etc, and stengthened engine go with a t3-t04b or e. they are hybrids obviously and you get faster spool with the heavier longer lasting turbo. i know a guy, my roomate actually, has an LS teg that is boosted by a garret t3t4 and is planning to run about 20+ psi. he should be looking at around 300 at the wheels. also, a few local shops have built turboed hondas/acuras and they are near 260, and 300+. its the JUNE 2003 issue (Crazy Boost). hope this helps. thanks

brett

thanks for the help what do u guys think of the t3/ 60-1?

Look not at what the turbo can produce but where it can produce it. One vs. the other can offer another 50+ HP at the same boost level, for example. You have all of the makings for a huge HP engine, use it, go with the T 60-1. My buddy is running it on his turbo lude and putting down 420 WHP at 17 PSI and that is with a rough tune. 500 WHP should be there after the A/F ratio is leaned out a little w/ a couple more pounds of boost. The cool thing is that it is has mild manners around town, you can shift below 4K and stay out of boost, and if you floor it a hell breaks loose. Hope that helps. ;)

yeah well thats what i was thinking...i can hold the power....does anyone know where i can check out some compressor maps for the sc61 and t3 60-1? im pretty sure they are closely related in cfm and ranges ....im prolly wrong ...but if anyone knows thanks...

sc61 owns a t4 60-1 in all respects.
you can even get the to4s compressor instead of the to4e

maps are avail are precisionte.com

awesome thanks so much pissedoffsol....yeah i was leaning towards the sc61 myself.....thanks again

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 17 2003, 02:24 AM
sc61 owns a t4 60-1 in all respects.
you can even get the to4s compressor instead of the to4e

maps are avail are precisionte.com

the sc61 will be garrett's bitch with the new gt-r series. :D

whats an sc61, like what brand? hks? apexi? garret? greddy? and so on. sorry im not that educated on turbos. haha since you guys are talkin bout scc u should just one of those disco potatoes.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 18 2003, 01:16 AM
the sc61 will be garrett's bitch with the new gt-r series. :D

yeha, i don't think this is true... considering everything but the stage 5 wheel is a garett part.... and the housings are moded by precision for better stuff :p

so far so good i think i have decided on the turbo....now what about a mani? what would yall suggest? thanks

full race :)

011.jpg

yaeh i was looking into mani's like that....cheapturbo.com have a new one...the guy said it was like 669 or soemthing....a gsr 6PSI 270 WHP and a b18c5 9 to 1 comp with 10 PSI 330 WHP ...so mani seems to be nice....does anyone know of other companies that make nice mani's? any suggestions are great...thanks so much i love this site

Back