What lsd to buy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lohonda

Hi I have a gsr tranny that I am having rebuilt this winter and I decided that I may as well add a lsd to it while it was being opened up anyway. I was wondering what lsd I should go with (quaife, kaaz, oem)? The price difference between the oem ones and aftermarket are not that big of a deal to me if the benefit is alot better. I heard that quaife was a little cheaper than kaaz, so if people think that they are comparable then I would want to go with the cheaper one.

Thanks

OBX makes one now that supposedly can hold 500hp for about half the price of the quaiffe...someone over in honda-tech was the first guinea pig and as far as i know, its still holding up.

but for all intents and purposes...get a quaiffe

oh and yes hondaswap flaming will not be neccessary *ducks in corner

Originally posted by spectacle@Oct 6 2004, 08:08 AM
OBX makes one now that supposedly can hold 500hp for about half the price of the quaiffe...someone over in honda-tech was the first guinea pig and as far as i know, its still holding up.

but for all intents and purposes...get a quaiffe

oh and yes hondaswap flaming will not be neccessary *ducks in corner
[post=399045]Quoted post[/post]​

Honestly I highly doubt OBX makes the LSD, I am sure some other company makes it and OBX just slaps their name on it. I would love to find out who makes OBXs LSDs and their cams. As the price is fucking right, but I am not sure about the quality still.

The engine that I am putting it on is an ls. So my plans for now are to hopefully this summer build an ls/vtec. Although and/or turboing it is also an option I will be using this car as my daily driver also.
I am planning on occassionally going to road coarses and 1/4 mile tracks. I want something that is going to hold up and not need to be replaced. And from the sound of it quaife should hold up. So that is what I am now planning on going with.

Thanks

ya, go with quaiffe.
although i prefer clutch type lsd's for road course, but for DD and low maintanence go with quaiffe.

Back