1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes P28's special???

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by spectacle, Jun 17, 2004.

1. spectacle

spectacle Senior Member

I just finished buying a P28 for my OBDII SI swap into my EG 4door. I was told I can get it chipped to run a DOHC map. While I don't doubt this is true, I want to know what the hell is so special about P28's? I almost bought a OBDI P72(GSR from what i understand), but got the P28 for the same price. I do plan on getting it chipped.

I know that once its chipped the rev limiter and VTEC crossover point can be changed, does anyone know what the safe range changes are? Like is it better to raise the VTEC crossover point or lower it keeping in mind the motor will stay mostly stock(depending on my wallet) for a while.

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

p28's are generally purchased because they are cheaper... they dont look for a knock sensor.. and are easily resocketed and reprogrammed for b series specs..i wouldn't recommend a generic chip, but rather look into uberdata or CROME or hondata if you have some coin....

3. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

pills, you just warmed my heart. :)

he gave you good advice too. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted