what manifold/ throttle bdy w/ spacer to get 4 my 90 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zone90cb7lx

just a noob...
its stock f22a1,... so I'm wondering what manifold is efficient at the right price. not so much concerned about the price as much as it just being worth it. also i hear an air leek type sound (i know not very descriptive) around the stock manifold i have on the opposite side of the throttle body... if anyone could help with some insight it would be much appreciated

-also this is probibly another noob question but...im lookin around and the smaller bores on the after market throttle bodies seem more in cost then the lager one exaple: BLOX 66mm is around $250 and 76mm around $210 whats the deall on this and whats the better buy?

your air leaking sound is probly bad gaskets, replace them. as far as a tb spacer goes they dont do a dam thing. dont waste your money on that crap

thanks for that...ya i just ordered All gaskets for everything so ill be goin through it as i tune it up, then upgrade...

but as far as manifolds are concerned i was lookin at OBX but it look kinda cheap is it worth it to pay 110 more for a skun2 or something like that?

Is the engine completely stock? If so, then honestly I wouldn't really worry about an intake manifold and throttle body right now. I'd probably just start with the typical intake, header, and exhaust...

i got an intake when i bought the header, down pipe, and high flow cat... how ever i need some tuning up, i bought a belt kit and gasket kit new plug wires and iridium plugs, and a few other things, i really need to change out the clutch before anything, the previuos owner gave it to his son that couldnt drive stick, ragged it for like 3 months after its been sitting in a yard for 8+ years... so i bought it for cheap, thats why theres was hole in the rusted exhaust, and scratching in third, and the twerp added a cd player and blew out the speakers lol... shortly after i bought this car i became addicted to it, so im stockin up on all the parts i want but from here im doin what NEEDS to be done now, however plan on putting my hands on every nut and bolt of this car....

so now that ive got the NEEDS done what manifold whould you recomene, and does anyone know about the OBX or skunk2 manifolds a tb's ?

i wouldnt upgrade the IM or TB until you can afford a tune and upgrade cams.. thats when they'll be the most beneficial

got ya, would an ebay no name cam do or something like aem cams and pully's? i got manuals so i can do it , but about how long do you think it should take, would only one day do or should i plan a couple days off of work as i work pretty much everyday and its my only car, can get the days off, just a work junky....

you're thinking of a cam gear.. i'm talking about the cam, they run through the top of the motor

word, asuming that i could pull it out and back in with a book manual, bout how long would it take? would it be more than a day project? obviously do the cam gear at the same time maybe?

Cams are easy, you could certainly handle it with a manual and some know how. Buy one of those magnetic picker upper things to grab the valve keepers, it'll make life easier for you.

cool anything else i wanna make sure of? and is there anything else in that area that i can do while im at it? like kill two birds with one stone kinda thing...

ive been reading my manual and i was wondering if doing a valve lash adjustment would be neccesary while im in that region....

Back