what manifold/ throttle bdy w/ spacer to get 4 my 90 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh and for the regrind i found a stock shaft on ebay for hella cheap, i was wounderin if i could take that to get a regrind so i can drive with the one i got while its being done, or does it not take that long?

just some no name aftermarket intake,obx header, and resenator,dont want to do the rest of the exhaust yet cuz i dont want to sound obnoxiuosly loud and not have any go to back it up. im just goin by what was suggested i do next so idk about warrenting anything...if theres something else i should do first, by all means school me.

-flowbenching, right...ill have to read up on that.....

im not trying to do anything half assed, im takeing my time, i wont start anything till i know im taking the NEXT step, its all chit chat till then...

i wouldn't base strictly on what is suggested to you, i would base what i researched and compared on what is suggested here. in the end, it's your car, your decision, so shouldn't you choose things that you've read a lot of info about and decided on yourself?

If it is possible for you to pick up another motor, I would recommend that. You can take your time, build it up, and experiment without having any downtime. Once it is build, you can swap motors, and then sell your old motor to try and recover some of your funds. It may be the expensive way initially, but in the end, you will have a new motor with time and research in it. That will ultimately offset the initial funding.

thats exactly what i do, take the info from here compare it with my manual and other sources and google, then by trial and error come back here to see if i have the right solution (havent checked flowbenching yet, im at school all day today from 6am til 8 pm central time). thing is im just starting, a 8 months ago i couldnt even change the oil... wich i probibly shouldnt admit on here but what ever.
-ur right though oneofakind, maybe i am playing follow the leader a bit too much

-ive been lookin at other motors but cant find one with as low milage as i got 83,500k, in my area, ive found a couple but its ouragiuos shipping cuz of the distances. but i do check up to see if any pop up in my area. been talkin to these VTECnitions guys and there gonna get back to me soon... even though mines single cam non-vtec.... perhaps i could look at OTHER motors as well.... i know i can go in several derection, as i mentioned before im weighing out my options, i may not want to wait till another motor drops in my lap as im itching to do something with my car soon, it been my outlet to keep my focus on my priorities out here in texas.

ive been lookin at other motors but cant find one with as low milage

Mileage isn't an issue if you are going to rebuild it. Take advantage of the high mileage to reduce the price. Will give you a good foundation to start with for a decent price. Old/high mileage doesn't always mean bad.

There are a couple of easy things you can do to upgrade using OEM parts over the F22a that the LX comes with. You could switch to the F22A6 intake mani if you really want to upgrade that part. It has different runners from the DX/LX trims. You could also get the stock header from the SE (I think anyway, the F22a4?). You'll get a little gain but you can get that stuff for nothing at a salvage yard.

Edit: I wouldn't worry about a high milage engine either. Shit I can't even think of the last Accord I saw with under 150k (mines at 280k).

Last edited:
do you mean like a tune up? if so ive done most gaskets except under the head and down(did oil pan though), all belts, filters,spark plug/wires, and most hoses....im hoping thats a good start....and of course brakes and tires and such, just ordered slotted rotors, cant think of the brand i bought right off the top of my head.

already got a aftermarket header but ill deffinately look into that a6 mani, thanks much for the advice guys, keep em comin. already cant wait to get home and do the research, id do it here but my teacher is lookin over my shoulder haha.

from talkin to you guys im learning theres alot more to it then slappin shit on, ur imput will not go to waste here, promiss...

No, like optimize the ignition timing and fuel tables.

Look up in your phone book "import tuning". Call one of the shops.

ignition timing and fuel tables...thanks ill check it out, lol ud think all this info would be over welming but yet im so eager to know more...

ud think all this info would be over welming but yet im so eager to know more...

Being naive and wanting to learn is one thing. Being naive because of ignorance is something else. Make sure you do your homework. Research. Come up with ideas of what you want to do, organize all your thoughts and ideas, and then come to a conclusion after. Otherwise, you are going to do a LOT of backtracking and it's going to cost you a whole bunch of money. Some birds can be killed with a single stone if you organize your steps and do your research.

:thumbsup:

got ya bro-gather info, research,plan, prioritize, gather parts,then build...its going to take longer than i thought but somehow i like that...

ok so theres some dudes gurl friend selling his intakes mani's online, there are a couple she claims to be f22's but she doesnt know from what modle, is there a way i can tell?

eBay Motors: Honda Intake Manifold (item 250290175259 end time Sep-05-08 13:29:17 PDT)

thats one of the adresses but there all simply labled as honda intake manifold.... lol if anyone starts bidding ahead of me cuz the found out there good...well thats just cruel lol

That isn't for an F22a

This is an A6 mani. Your best bet is to go to the salvage yard. find a 92-93. Make sure the block is marked a6 and it has this same mani.

IntakeManifoldRSZ.jpg

Back