What metals are in a honda engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fionntan

Banned
I dont know if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes. I have a d15 that I took out of my civic and I want to scrap it. I can get more money by breaking it down and selling the various metals by weight. I just dont know for sure what everything is. Does anyone know where to get this info?

Some places give you more if it's been separated and cleaned. The sleeves, bolts/studs, rods, piston rings, valvetrain, and hose nipples are all steel so take those out. Rest should be aluminum.

But yeah I got about $10 for 2.5 D15s that weren't disassembled.

I will have to look into what the prices are. It may not be worth the trouble. I was just thinking of how to make a little money off it.

When i sold a b16 it was sold as cast aluminum. I cut the sleeves out and sold a bear block, got 40$ for it.

what b said.. use the head bolts to bolt a piece of wood or glass on the top of it lol

I actually posted it on a local forum and have a few people interested in buying parts from it. I think I will go this route, I just didnt really think people would want or need anything from an old d15.

You'd be surprised dude, d15 are getting more and more rare. People used to just pull them from the car car they are doing a swap on, and then just toss the out. So they are actually starting to be worth a little something.

Well I have some interest on the local forum so we will see what I can get.

for the time it would take, it's probably just easier to scrap it as is. You do get more for pure aluminum, but you can't have any other metals in it.

Back