1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what motor should i go with in my 94 civic

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by rondogg779, Feb 19, 2010.

1. rondogg779

rondogg779 New Member

i have a 94 civic 1.6 vtec and it is running like crap.its losing compression(believe one of the rings are fried)and has no power.i dont want to rebuild it but would rather just replace it with something a little more powerful that bolts right up.just looking for a couple opinions thanks

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Define "bolt right up". An obd1 b series swap will bolt right into your car. You still are swapping the engine, trans, axles, shift linkage, and doing a tad bit of working. If you want to keep costs low by reusing your existing trans, ect..., then finding a healthy d16z6 is your best bet. Even though that would be the same motor, I bet it would be a kick in the pants compared to the tired motor in your car right now.

3. rondogg779

rondogg779 New Member

i want to keep my tranny and just bolt the motor right in.i had another civic with the same motor and it was alot faster but i still want a little bit more.not really trying to make a race car just something that will get up and go when i need it to.would a b18 bolt up to everythong or would i have to swap more stuff?

4. 99sidude

Only a d series motor will bolt up to your d series transmission. The engine you currently have, d16z6, is pretty much the best d series motors you can find. I guess another option is a jdm d15b vtec. It's pretty much a wash performance wise.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  5. ZCpowerdSI

ZCpowerdSI New Member

You mean the best d series?

I say rebuild it!!!

6. 99sidude

Typo fixed

7. rondogg779

rondogg779 New Member

so i should just go back with what i have?i guess that would be the cheapest route.thanks for the replys.amd we'll let you know how it goes

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted