what motor swap to use....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunz2165

i have a 95 civic and i wanted to get a gsr to swap in u but i cant find one for shit. a friend of mine told me not to even waste my time or money on a gsr and to get a 1.6 sohc v-tech and swap that in because you can get the same amount of power outta the 1.6 sohc vs. the gsr. to me it just doesnt sound rite but maybe to some of you it does. so can someone please help me. i need to know asap cause if this is the case then i already have a 1.6 sohc v-tech i can buy dirt cheap already built to hell. please get back to me asap. but regardless if it is or not does anyone know any sites where they have motors and shit cheap also?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

VTEC, Variable Timing Electronic Control! Not V-tech<-------is a phone that can be purchased at wal mart. Anyway, the gsr will have tons more power out of the box and has much more potential with future bolt ons. However, if you are looking to do this on the cheap single cam vtec with a cheap turbo setup is your best route. Many on this site are heavy d series believers but if you want to have a real performance platform then b series is your best choice. Also, if a gsr seems to be too much money for you then i suggest a b16 swap because it is a vast improvement over d series and is alot cheaper than a gsr. Also, with a full b16 swap(meaning using a b16 tranny) you will walk on integra gsr's no problem.

I'm not a believer in d series motor by far. I did an ls swap in my crx 3 yrs ago and I kno how much better a b series is. that's y I asked the question I did cause it just didn't sound rite to me. so now another question that will basically decide what motor I'm going with. can a b16a ultimatly compete with a b18c? and if yes do u suggest the b16a1 or a2 for my 95 civic? the cheapest I found these motors on the web for was 1650.00. is that a good price? kno anywhere better?

b16a2 (converted to obd1) or jdm b16 IMO the way to go - the GSR or b18c is nice and more power but it depends on what u wanna do....can a b16 compete with a gsr - depends on what they are in and the drivers - not to mention what is done to them....try to find one local can get cheaper as well - craigslist sometimes has em here at least and local auto forums can usually find them

Back