What motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The other reason is that few people know what to do with a D-Series so they assume nothing can be done.
correct^...if i still had my 90 accord i wouldve swapped the f22a1 into the ef..

I was just trying to prove a point. I am with Blanco on this one. Everyone looks at a non-vtec d-series motor and sees a 1.6 or 1.5 liter turd when in reality its more than that. The way I look at it is that when you swap a motor into a car you take a motor you already had which was included with the cost of your car that may have had problems and throw it away or sell it, then buy a motor that may or may not have problems when you buy it too. But for the money you spent on that motor depending how much the swap cost with motor, ecu, tranny, mounts all that stuff you could easily do a vitara setup in a d-series motor with forged rods, a turbo cam maybe even the valvetrain and throw a modest turbo setup on it. For maybe a little more money than the swap. But then again like I always say I am a fan of the underdog and in our world the d-series, and f-series motors are the underdogs.

I was just trying to prove a point. I am with Blanco on this one. Everyone looks at a non-vtec d-series motor and sees a 1.6 or 1.5 liter turd when in reality its more than that. The way I look at it is that when you swap a motor into a car you take a motor you already had which was included with the cost of your car that may have had problems and throw it away or sell it, then buy a motor that may or may not have problems when you buy it too. But for the money you spent on that motor depending how much the swap cost with motor, ecu, tranny, mounts all that stuff you could easily do a vitara setup in a d-series motor with forged rods, a turbo cam maybe even the valvetrain and throw a modest turbo setup on it. For maybe a little more money than the swap. But then again like I always say I am a fan of the underdog and in our world the d-series, and f-series motors are the underdogs.
my 4 door accord,f22a1-boiled the tires all the way through 2nd gear.from a launch.i liked it:D

Thanks for the help on this topic here, but the kid just went out and bought a turbo for it. I asked him the the type it was and he has no clue what kind of turbo it was. I laughed at him. So now I get to tell him to do other things with this car and the D series motor. From the looks of it from the discussion going on, it looks like he still can make it quick. Thanks again.

Back