What muffler is this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So me and some friends went to Nopi this year in Atlanta.. Anyways, after the show was over we were on the way back to the hotel and there was a Del Sol and JDM (RHD) EG Hatch with a muffler on it that looked completely stock, but they sound mean as hell.. Nice and deep, sounded like a drag car..

I'm trying to figure out what brand they were.. One was Chromeish, and the other one was Black. Anyone know what they were?

tanabe's exhaust systems are some of the only ones that can be confused with "drag" exhaust. a lot of them look stock too.

mine looks stock except for the tip

tanabe hyper-G medallion

l_cf577b399c552eb96ee249c2ca92ffcf.jpg

i should clarify my above statement...tanabe makes some of the loudest stock looking exhausts on the market.

only other thing i could think of would be the ES oval muffler.. looks completely stock

nvm, the Buddy Club has a resonator...plus pipe and tip. lol:
Buddy%20Club%20Spec%20II.jpg

Also, it could've been something like a Vibrant muffler with just straight piping. I had a Magnaflow style muffler(dual tip) on my CRX with 2.25" piping straight to the header. That setup was very, VERY loud.

Vibrant makes good stuff, and shouldn't be confused with 'Ractive' or 'OBX'. I've had a midpipe and axle-back from them and they were top notch quality. They make killer B-series headers as well.

I'd also look into RSR Exmag and the Apexi WS series of exhausts.

Back