What muffler to use for a 94 dohc del sol?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jordanrw260

I am looking for something that will allow my engine to flow better but I don't want anything loud as hell that will rattle my car apart or be annoying on the highway. Does anyone know of a specific muffler that would be a good fit for what I want? I saw some flowmasters on ebay for like 80-100 bucks but I think they are a loud model. I just need some input and advice. I am stock right now besides intake on a b16a2 del sol.

let me look and see the one i ran on my del sol brb

nah, just make sure you keep the cat on and its just right

Thanks guys, I have a header I'm going to put on along with one of these mufflers, do you think it would benefit me at all to put a high flow cat along with those?

Forgot to mention, I plan on adding the skunk2 intake manifold as well, so maybe the high flow cat would work better because of that?

well if your doing all that dont go cheap on the exhaust, just get a good name brand full cat back like greddy sp2 and it will still be quiet with no cat and race header

Do you think there would be a difference in power gains between me just using a muffler and high flow cat with a header compared to a full cat back exhaust with the header?

well, unless you go get some mandrel bent pipes from a muffler shop w/ the new muffler.. no...

not enough to worry about prolly, but by the time you pay to get the muffler high flow cat and new pipe and all you could buy a real catback and put it on yourself

well I got a 50 dollar header off of ebay, I'm testing my luck I know. Then I figured I would pay like 100 for a muffler and another 100 for the high flow cat, then you have to add labor so still a bit cheaper than a 600 dollar cat back I guess.

did a quick search and they dont make much for a Del Sol.. the Greddy SP2 is discontinued so goodluck w/ that... your best bet would be a Dynomax turbo muffler and muffler shop piping..

discontinued and not a system for a del sol... so goodluck

Back