what next?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

standingzen

Okay, the story in a nutshell... This may be a little long...
I have a 1995 Civic EX, I replaced that D16Z with a B16 A from PasswordJDM, Mistake number one?
It was put in (by a friend of a friend, mistake number 2!
the wiring was bass akwards... I did much research and studying (while writing a thesis, so what is a little more research?)
I fixed the wiring, it runs smoothly...
I had a wet/dry compression test done when the smoking didn't die down.
Compression across all cylinders was 180.
Good rings right?
So now I have a nice little coupe, lowered, but not a pain in the ass to drive, I like the car, it is quick, much faster than the old motor, it handles as good as my MR2 (well, almost as good.)
The question: Is it the valve seals (maybe?), is it worth finding out or just selling it?
I have about $4,000.00 into it with the motor, suspension wheels and tires, and stereo.
By the way I'm considered old by Civic owner standards (47), but the craze never leaves...
and, if there is anyone ine the Norwalk, CT area to help...?

Thanks, thanks, and thanks... :worthy:

it could be leaking valve seals. pull your intake and exhaust manifold off and look and see if you can see any oil residue. Is just when you get on the throttle, or is it al the time. If it is just when you are on the throttle, it could be faulty oil rings. You won't necessarily see that in a compression test. Anyway, best of luck finding the problem.

thanks for the replies...
Life was easier with a pair of downdraft webers!

The motor blows blue smoke, so it is oil, it does it mostly under partial throttle and only when the car warms up, then it stops burning.
I pray it is valve seals... aany more hints?

Back