What NOT to do on a bike Ooppps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn. go grandma tho... 51 is up there to be riding. lol

well, ok, so the older guys are still on their harleys... but... i think it's old. hahaha

Hey Jeff-
Were you riding on Governor Bridge Rd last weekend? My man & I were outside in the woods & I saw a yellow 600 w/ exhaust ride by w/ another bike.

Nah not that I remember lol =)

I put some good riding time in tonight after work too bad the bugs were really bad around sundown blah I stil had a blast hitting all the backroads at 70ish nice easy pace =)

so jeffie,,,,,,do you actually live in the sunshine state???

Originally posted by JDMilan@Apr 22 2004, 10:56 PM
so jeffie,,,,,,do you actually live in the sunshine state???

Jeff- Why does everyone think you live in FL? :hmm:

Well, Not only has Senate defeated the mighty JDMilan, but he is now attempting to be "king of the hill" himself. While he's doing that, more on my post of Bikes.

Bikes are somehow invisible to people, even when people aren't there. The roads are built against motorcyclists like buildings are built against wheelchairs. Steel grate bridges, sharp ass guardrails (They also have pointy things poking out so that cars can hear the scraping ahead of time) and horribly placed signs and pavement grating are some of the things that simply aren't necessary, but are there anyway. Seemingly to poke a finger in the eye of the conservative motorcyclist.

And then the Cars. Oh, those fucking cars. Trash out the window, cell phones, And they wait until you just pull up on them before they pull out. Cars are out to get you .on a bike. But as the article says, this isn't a car-involved accident. Unless it's hit and run, which I don't doubt.

Everything that is on the road affects a motorcyclist, and while you can't do anything about bridges and road surfaces, I can count on two hands how many times I have been surprised, if not endangered by a bottle, a fast-food bag, or some other car-shit in the past.

Have fun Senate.

-> Steve

jeffie lives in MD. anne arundle county i think. i live in MD too, baltimore county, and im guessing sassi lives in MD too near jeffie

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 22 2004, 11:40 PM
jeffie lives in MD. anne arundle county i think. i live in MD too, baltimore county, and im guessing sassi lives in MD too near jeffie

Sounds about right =)

Everything that is on the road affects a motorcyclist, and while you can't do anything about bridges and road surfaces, I can count on two hands how many times I have been surprised, if not endangered by a bottle, a fast-food bag, or some other car-shit in the pas

just today I was flying down a backroad where a big ass stick was in the middle of my line thankfully nothing was coming at me in the other lane so I just leaned on over the double yellow lines

yup crap in the road sucks

It is so weird how normal roads in a car turn into crappy pieces of road when on a bike
you can see all the flaws in the road as with the cracks and popholes normal cars would never see and dont get me started on bumps =) theres nothing like having your ass comeoff the seat becuase of a tiny little "never knew it was there when in a car" bump

back to the subject....

That sucks...I never really though of little old ladies riding around on motorcycles...those kind of injuries for a woman of that age can be very serious...just goes to show that there is an age that older people shouldn't do things...it's not only a danger to themselves but to others...thankfully she should be alright.

Originally posted by TDaddy@Apr 23 2004, 12:19 PM
back to the subject....

That sucks...I never really though of little old ladies riding around on motorcycles...those kind of injuries for a woman of that age can be very serious...just goes to show that there is an age that older people shouldn't do things...it's not only a danger to themselves but to others...thankfully she should be alright.

Do you have any idea how many old people I see at my work who can't see or walk yet still drive? its not just bikes its everything ahhhhh

too bad they out vote us =(

Bikes are death waiting to happen. And this is coming from me, who lives in Laconia, NH home of Bike Week, one of the 3 largest motorcycle rallies in the world. Despite that, I'm still thinking of getting one. lol. Up here it's like black and white, either you have a bike or you don't.

Back