What oil filter does everyone use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

Im gonna change my oil tomorrow so i picked up a k&n filter. It was $11. Just curious as to what everyone else uses and if they make any difference. What about HAMP filters? jhpusa has a pretty good deal, $60 for a box of 10.

Quoted post[/post]]
Im gonna change my oil tomorrow so i picked up a k&n filter. It was $11. Just curious as to what everyone else uses and if they make any difference. What about HAMP filters? jhpusa has a pretty good deal, $60 for a box of 10.
K&N is a great filter. I personally, use Mobil 1. I've never heard of Hamp filters.

Since we are on the subject of oil filters, I remember reading an article somewhere that even the cheap Super Tech Wal-Mart filters were good. Not saying that they out perform the big leading names but they are good enough for your average weekend racer type motors. The reason behind this was that everyone is on up to date technology so the room for error is smaller. I don't know how true it is, but I do remember reading some where tho.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
K&N is a great filter. I personally, use Mobil 1. I've never heard of Hamp filters.

Since we are on the subject of oil filters, I remember reading an article somewhere that even the cheap Super Tech Wal-Mart filters were good. Not saying that they out perform the big leading names but they are good enough for your average weekend racer type motors. The reason behind this was that everyone is on up to date technology so the room for error is smaller. I don't know how true it is, but I do remember reading some where tho.
The article your talking about i remember too. They gave fram the highest rating. It was in a SCC or SS magazine. Saying something about a two-way valve for when you shut the engine off the oil drains out. When they compared them it beat out mobile 1 and even the OEM filters. I was very happy because ph3593A is the only filter i have gotten for any of my civics.

I use k&n and might try this later for the next oil change
From Inlinefour dot com:

TIP: If you want a bit more oil pressure, you can use the RSX/01Civic filters on your B-series engine. We've noticed an increase in oil pressure and less fluctuation during VTEC operation.

Quoted post[/post]]
TIP: If you want a bit more oil pressure, you can use the RSX/01Civic filters on your B-series engine. We've noticed an increase in oil pressure and less fluctuation during VTEC operation.
Where did you hear this? i've never heard of this...sounds like a nice, little idea.

Quoted post[/post]]
O'Reilly Auto Parts : Wix

same here, except i get mine from a store called Walker's for ~$5.

i would think oil pressure is more dependent on the filter element/bypass valve and oil pump. also, according to Spoon's president, using a smaller sized filter(less capacity) with a clamp around it helps reduce fluctuation.

Quoted post[/post]]
I use k&n and might try this later for the next oil change
From Inlinefour dot com:

Thats crap. All Honda engines BUT the F22 in the S2000 and the NSX i believe use the same oil filter since who knows when. Well into the 80's till now.

that tip isn't from me

i got that off of inlinefour dot com and was just copying and pasting from their site, onto my post

am oil filter will not give you any hp that better be a joke.
Also if you use a smaller filter it will up your oil pressure, a larger filter will drop plus give you added oil capacity and reserve under hard cornering / oil sump starvation conditons. (right form the world of domstcs)

Quoted post[/post]]

:werd: I use the K&N with Mobil y0ne synthetic.

Nothin but the best for my oil eating SR.

I use mobile 1

If that happens to not be available, I'll use the fram that has the bed x type shit on it. Gotta love the grip, all oil filters should come with that.

I use Genuine honda Oil filters in my b16a. the filters that should be used, no aftermarket crap here. As for oil, i use mobil 1 or quaker state synthetic.

Back