what parts do i need?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

soto2635

i got a 95 LS sedan its auto i want to make it stick what parts do i need? and as for the tranny what tranny should i got with the stock LS one or GSR; and wats the differance between them? any sugesstions will help thanks in advance

Last edited:
I'm no expert but ill take a look at my FSM and see what i can come up with. The automatic transmission is many many pages alone. Much of it i'm sure is the technicallities involved in an auto mechanism.

I have never broken open a transmission myself. I am going to the junkyard this weekend though so that may change... I do know that gears can be changed out. I have seen final gears available outside their original transmissions.

No promises...

The LS tranny has longer gears, ment for the economy car it was built for.

The GSR tranny has shorter gears, ment for the sportier car it was built for.

I dont know if the dude above me thinks you have to take apart your automatic trans to 'convert' it to manual or what but that's not at all the case. You seem to already know that you just have to swap the entire tranny so i'll just let that be.

Some of the parts you'll need are, the shift linkage and shifter assembly, transmission of course, pressure plate, clutch disc, flywheel, possibily a different transmission mount and possibly a new rear motor mount, high temp wheel bearing grease, possibly axels.

i've never converted an integra to manual, but thats an overview for most swaps.

Okay a litlte clarifacation is in order, i knew what i was saying but it didnt pass my brain...

An automatic transmission is a completely different animal than a manual. Yes you will need to buy a whole transmission. Specifics on shift linkages and such i do not know off hand.

What i meant about final gears is that once you have a manual transmission it can be modified beyond what it was originally. The specifics of this i am not aware of though as i have never done it. As a base i would rather use a GS-R than an LS but again this is off the cuff.

Back