what parts for b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

breed

i just bought a 99 civic si. my first mod was a set of rays engineering gram lights in gold. other than that the car is completly stock. i wanted to know what a couple good parts were for the car this is what i was thinking just to start:
aem v2 coldair intake
apexi w/s exhaust
jdm type r header.
what are your opinions? let me know
i also have a ls block that has blown rings and was thinking of a ls/vtec setup nothing too crazy but just to get this car to move faster.

personally I'd go with a dc sports 4-1 header - 270 bucks shipped, RS*R catback - 600 w/ free shipping (can't find the link), your CAI is a good choice although I found (ok ok, Jamie found it) an Injen CAI on sale. Skunk2 Stage 2 cams 550+ shipping and inline four valve spring kit.

if you want to add to that a skunk2 IM, skunk2 intake manifold 169+ shipping.

Dunno how much you're going to listen to me, but this is where I'm going. Edit along with my signature I'm going to go with an LS/VTEC setup as well. 12.5:1 compression with all these bolt ons and maybe a 50 shot later on.

fuck inline four. that's all i have to say.

as for first mods, i'd do a good suspension and brake setup to go with your wheels before i even touched the motor

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 5 2005, 10:25 AM
fuck inline four. that's all i have to say.

as for first mods, i'd do a good suspension and brake setup to go with your wheels before i even touched the motor
[post=441361]Quoted post[/post]​

i was going to upgrade the suspension after the winter with tein.
why don't you like inline four?
i wanted to go with rsr but i heard there exhaust is load as hell.
and the jdm type r headers because i wanted to go with mostly oem parts.
for the head i wanted to go with the IB complete valve train and pnp.
the block i was gonna go with ctr pistons because there pretty cheap and have nice compression.
the aemv2 mainly because my friend has one for $100.
do you think i should go with skunk 2 manny or jg victor x.
money is really not that much of an issue to an extent so if you think something is better but high in price it doesant really matter ill buy it anyway.
if anyone has any more ideas let me know.
thanks

Originally posted by breed+Jan 5 2005, 07:51 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jan 5 2005, 10:25 AM
fuck inline four.  that's all i have to say.

[post=441361]Quoted post[/post]​

i was going to upgrade the suspension after the winter with tein.
why don't you like inline four?
i wanted to go with rsr but i heard there exhaust is load as hell.
and the jdm type r headers because i wanted to go with mostly oem parts.
for the head i wanted to go with the IB complete valve train and pnp.
the block i was gonna go with ctr pistons because there pretty cheap and have nice compression.
the aemv2 mainly because my friend has one for $100.
do you think i should go with skunk 2 manny or jg victor x.
money is really not that much of an issue to an extent so if you think something is better but high in price it doesant really matter ill buy it anyway.
if anyone has any more ideas let me know.
thanks
[post=441662]Quoted post[/post]​

B hates everything.
RS*R is known to be one of the quietest exhaust setups out there for Civics. That's why I'm getting the Exmag catback.
IB Spec valvetrain is a good choice, As per Wil telling me just use your stock valves and get the springs/retainers. I gave you the link to inline four cause I had it ready at the time.

s2 or jg victor x, it's up to you. figure out which one you want. You could also look up Edelbrock. I believe they got one for the b16a2.
If money isn't an issue then get whatever you want, I wish I was in your shoes. :)

The Victor X manifold is mainly used for forced induction applications. You will loose to much low end torque with your engine and that manifold. Go with the Skunk2.

For mods, I would go with Pissedoffsol and do the suspention before you go crazy with the motor. Get I/H/E for now. Personally, I would do things like a carbon fibre hood, take out things you dont want in the interior, rip off the wing (if you have one) and other shit to shed a few pounds off the car.

For now.......
Engine Mods < Suspention+weight reduction.

Originally posted by adnoh@Jan 6 2005, 03:23 PM
The Victor X manifold is mainly used for forced induction applications. You will loose to much low end torque with your engine and that manifold. Go with the Skunk2.

For mods, I would go with Pissedoffsol and do the suspention before you go crazy with the motor. Get I/H/E for now. Personally, I would do things like a carbon fibre hood, take out things you dont want in the interior, rip off the wing (if you have one) and other shit to shed a few pounds off the car.

For now.......
Engine Mods < Suspention+weight reduction.
[post=442143]Quoted post[/post]​

i have the carbonfiber hood on it and the wing is gone too.
im still thinking on what to do go ls/vtec or k-series or b16 turbo. i want something fast but without going crazy. I want to take it easy with this car, mainly reliable but fast. unlike my ls/turbo :lol:

Some will hate the idea, but have you considered a supercharger? A Jackson is fairly low maintiance, and easy to install. Decent power, decent price, conservative deal all around.

i'd say turbo it and make some decent numbers.

A supercharger isn't a bad idea, but defenitly try to get a centrigugal type. JRSC's are garbage, I've heard so many stories about them but that alone keeps me away.

An allmotor b16 isn't going to be you're best choice, so you could always rebuild the LS block also and make an Lsvtec setup, even in stock form it will make your civic pretty fast.

A k-series will make your shit nice and fast with just the swap, but it isn't cheap and it isn't easy. If you have 9-10k to spend, I would suggest this swap. It has so much potential and is just fast right out of the box. It requires more work but it would be worth it. Probably would put you in the 13s when you got it up and running.

I have only heard one story, that keep getting repeated as gosphel, and it wasn't even JRSC fault, it was the shitty shop the guy got it installed by.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 8 2005, 11:41 AM
Some will hate the idea, but have you considered a supercharger? A Jackson is fairly low maintiance, and easy to install. Decent power, decent price, conservative deal all around.
[post=442973]Quoted post[/post]​

what about going with a basic ls/vtec set up and a supercharger?

SI Build

i just bought a 99 civic si. my first mod was a set of rays engineering gram lights in gold. other than that the car is completly stock. i wanted to know what a couple good parts were for the car this is what i was thinking just to start:
aem v2 coldair intake
apexi w/s exhaust
jdm type r header.
what are your opinions? let me know
i also have a ls block that has blown rings and was thinking of a ls/vtec setup nothing too crazy but just to get this car to move faster.

Hi,
My opinion, I will go with the stock B16A2 and a T3 or T3/T4 turbo set-up chipped P28 ECU, boost about 8PSI and you will be safe. The car will be very reliable fast and lot's of power. Keep in mind when going with this type of set-up you have to set it right like 450cc injectors, Walbro Fuel pump, Fuel Regulator etc....
My B16A2 stock with turbo set-up and right at 8PSI Boost was in the very low 13's at the Gainesville Raceway in Florida. The car feels nice to drive and still good on gas.

Note: one man opinion.

There is always room for bigger and better mods to be faster but it all depends on what you want or how much you want to spend??????
Enjot it and glad to know another SI builder is out there.

Back