What Parts to get

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

As i am new to the honda scene i am looking to buy a 96-00 ek hatch.
I have done an extensive amount of researchof the b16a2 and the b18c1. I am looking to find one thats pre\ swapped. But the real question is, is that how do yu buy parts. say for example an exhaust system. Do i select the type of body or the engine so would i select an integra exhaust system for the b18c1 or keep the ek hatch. Also due to legal reasons i dont want to buy the swap and deal with obd2 to Obd 1 for hondata s100 since i will not be datalogging or runing anytype of F.I. so are there any others tuners out there that i can just tune the vtec , rev limiter thats all i care for. and please dont try to tell me that just do the obd conversion. I appreciate the help anyway tho. Thanks,Rob Ps dont put offers sayinf to sell me your car i am just Looking i will not have the money until after the summer and it would have to be in Florida thanks again,Rob

P.S.

Oh wen im alking bout the whole exhaust systme thing i mean should i get an E.S. for the bdy style or engine if its swapped so thanks and should i just stik with the d16y8 its just gonna be a daily street car but would like it to be able to go faster then the corrola next to me lol i probably need this car to be prety reliable as it will be a daily for at least 3 years until i can afford a decent lifted f250 then i will put in a swap as a weekend car thanks again again,rob

Welcome to my world!!

I try and find the best parts available and if they have to be modified to fit so be it.

Maybe I take it to seriously but if yer gonna do sumthing do it right. And anyway half the fun of any journey is getting there.As for your exhaust question, if you buy a car it will come with one, but often welding and shortening or lenghtening of pipes is required. All depends on your chassis/engine combination
I'm running a JDM B18c R in my EG which came with a 2.5 inch collector on the S/S manifold so I had to have a 2.5 inch centre section custom made by a mate . Dunno if any1 makes a 2.5" exhaust for sale but if they did I could still probably have 1 made for cheaper (bar the manifold)

Exhaust systems should be purchased for the chassis, not the engine. Think about it. A car's exhaust is routed a certain way in accordance with what the underbody of the car looks like. You may occasionally run in to an issue where the exhaust needs to be shortened or lengthened a bit due to the placement of the header and cat on a swapped engine, but that's nothing that an exhaust shop can't easily fix...

Back