What Pistol to buy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Are you ok?

I was a grunt (11B for those that know) in the army guard many years back and I stood a lot of sentry posts aboard ship. I just think about weapons differently. Things are different when you are standing post in west africa and might actually have to engage in combat, either up close or at range. That said I have been fortunate enough never to have to return fire but I still trained for it. I don't own a weapon atm and probably won't unless I store it at a range to target fire. I don't need my kid getting into it. Course in MA you need to have it in a safe, or the ammo seperate and a trigger lock so all the kid really could do is beat themselves with it if it was outside the safe.

As for Zombies it is no laughing matter. Each and every person should have a zombie plan in place. For those of you unprepared I highly suggest this book:

Amazon.com: The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead: Max Brooks: Books

:ph34r:

He's dead on about the double action thing. Carrying concealed with a hammer-style or single action is kind of dangerous. Guns with multiple external safeties also scare me, as drawing in defense should be learned as a reflex movement, and disabling a safety sometimes cannot be acomplished. I like Glocks mainly because of their reliability, the safety, the options, and the build quality. XDs are pretty close, as are the new Walther P99's. The M&P's are calling to me as well, but I've yet to get my hands on a non-MA compliant one (hi-cap).:ph34r:

As a range gun, nothing beats a nice old S&W auto, or a 1911. but carrying? Glock, MP, XD, or GTFO.

Hammerless revolvers are also very nice, but the whole six shot capacity is a limiting factor.

I was a grunt (11B for those that know) in the army guard many years back and I stood a lot of sentry posts aboard ship. I just think about weapons differently. Things are different when you are standing post in west africa and might actually have to engage in combat, either up close or at range. That said I have been fortunate enough never to have to return fire but I still trained for it. I don't own a weapon atm and probably won't unless I store it at a range to target fire. I don't need my kid getting into it. Course in MA you need to have it in a safe, or the ammo seperate and a trigger lock so all the kid really could do is beat themselves with it if it was outside the safe.

As for Zombies it is no laughing matter. Each and every person should have a zombie plan in place. For those of you unprepared I highly suggest this book:

Amazon.com: The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead: Max Brooks: Books

:ph34r:

^^^^ i like this guy :)
anyone who knows about the zombie survival guide gets a :thumbsup: in my book

Hammerless revolvers are also very nice, but the whole six shot capacity is a limiting factor.
should only take one, two at the most. If six shots isn't enough to hit what you're aming at, you shouldn't own a gun.

BTW there are speed loaders for revolvers.

I can hit something with two shots, but we are talking worst case scenario here, and I don't feel like carrying a speed loader with me.

Back