What political party do you consider yourself??

What political party do you consider yourself a part of??

• Democrat?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other? (Please specify in topic threa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slo86GT

Super Moderator
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college.

Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican which she expressed openly.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich & more welfare programs. In the middle of her heart-felt diatribe based upon the lectures she had from her far left professors at her school, he stopped her and asked her point blank, how she was doing in school.

She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That she had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. That she was taking a more difficult curriculum.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Mary?"

She replied, "Mary is barely getting by", she continued, "all she has is barely a 2.0 GPA" adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and she never studies." But to explain further she continued emotionally, "But Mary is so very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to her friend who only has a 2.0?" He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by the father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without and Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

The father slowly smiled and said, ......

"Welcome to the Republican Party."

Needless to say, I consider myself a Republican. Every man is what he makes of himself. If you don't try to improve your surrounding, why whould I be penalized so you can slack?

independent. we need someone as prez who did more than survive being born rich. did you know bush actually went awol for a year from the texas air guard(which his daddy got him into to avoid nam) after bankrupting a couple of companies and getting to know the bin ladens(the bush bin laden connection is documented) hes now making his old cronies at halliburton very VERY rich. did you know halliburton is IMPORTING oil into iraq? At a very high price.What kinda shit is that. And its our peers dying and our money paying so a few people can be rich. bush=the gay

Independent, without an affiliation. All political parties have fucktards, and I never completely agree with one party's platform. If I lean one way or the other, I tend to lean toward Republican.

On a related note, one of my favorite hypocritical points about Republican-Conservative and Democrat-Liberal is the "Kill/Don't Kill" debate:

Republicans: Kill criminals, don't kill babies
Democrats: Kill babies, don't kill criminals

Would ya please make up your damn minds?! Choose to kill or not kill, but don't say killing is right in some respects, but wrong in others. [/rant]

I voted for Ross Perot, had he been president we would all be millionaires now.

But when the ticket is a losing one, like in the Bush / Gore one, I'll vote Republican to ensure that this country never sees another Liberal again.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Dec 4 2003, 08:08 AM
I voted for Ross Perot, had he been president we would all be millionaires now.

But when the ticket is a losing one, like in the Bush / Gore one, I'll vote Republican to ensure that this country never sees another Liberal again.

Wow, that pretty much sums up my politics in the last few years. :)

Perot in 96! Oh wait.....

I don't associate with any party really.
but I did vote for Nader, and right now I kinda wish I didn't
because if all of us Nader voters voted for Gore instead
we wouldn't have a monkey for a president right now.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 4 2003, 08:36 AM
because if all of us Nader voters voted for Gore instead
we wouldn't have a monkey for a president right now.

True.

We'd have an uncharismatic liberal pussy who would've shot a few missiles at the Middle East like his worthless predecessor did, so he could get back to his main task of fucking over the US.

liberal pussy who would've shot a few missiles at the Middle East like his worthless predecessor did

which is bullshit, come on the war on terrorism, it's like the war on drugs.
it's still as easy to find any kind of drug I want no matter how much money the government pumps into the never ending cause for the war on drugs.

same goes for terrorism, pump all the money and arms you want to, it's just a playground for the goverment to waste money and resources, terrorism will never end
it's a no win situation.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 4 2003, 09:53 AM
Independent, without an affiliation. All political parties have fucktards, and I never completely agree with one party's platform. If I lean one way or the other, I tend to lean toward Republican.

:withstupid:

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 4 2003, 09:27 AM
liberal pussy who would've shot a few missiles at the Middle East like his worthless predecessor did

which is bullshit, come on the war on terrorism, it's like the war on drugs.
it's still as easy to find any kind of drug I want no matter how much money the government pumps into the never ending cause for the war on drugs.

same goes for terrorism, pump all the money and arms you want to, it's just a playground for the goverment to waste money and resources, terrorism will never end
it's a no win situation.

Clinton's soft stance on terrorism is part of the reason this terrorism bullshit is happening now. Bin Laden bombs a US Navy vessel, and what does Clinton do? Fires some missiles and calls it a day. Embassy bombings around the world? Same thing. Gore would have acted along similar lines to September 11 to appease his hippie tree-hugging followers. At least Bush had the balls to stand up and attempt to fight back.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 4 2003, 11:38 AM

Clinton's soft stance on terrorism is part of the reason this terrorism bullshit is happening now. Bin Laden bombs a US Navy vessel, and what does Clinton do? Fires some missiles and calls it a day. Embassy bombings around the world? Same thing. Gore would have acted along similar lines to September 11 to appease his hippie tree-hugging followers. At least Bush had the balls to stand up and attempt to fight back.

agree %150

My dad would have been like "now, back in 89 when I invented terrorism..."

Gore wouldn't have known wtf to do except say some dumbA$$ political statement - "we'll get these guys and put them to shame" OH NOES!!!!!! Bush is doing a great job for what he has been served on his plate. Clinton pushed forward one of the WORST economic plans this country has seen and its now on Bush's shoulders...

Clinton was to busy getting his cob-slobbed to actually care about the future

Originally posted by sisteve+Dec 4 2003, 09:41 AM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Dec 4 2003, 11:38 AM

agree %150

My dad would have been like "now, back in 89 when I invented terrorism..."

Gore wouldn't have known wtf to do except say some dumbA$$ political statement - "we'll get these guys and put them to shame" OH NOES!!!!!! Bush is doing a great job for what he has been served on his plate. Clinton pushed forward one of the WORST economic plans this country has seen and its now on Bush's shoulders...

Clinton was to busy getting his cob-slobbed to actually care about the future

:woo:

Well-said. Clinton screwed around for 8 years and fucked us over royally, and Bush gets the blame.

Gore would have spent 4 or 6 weeks worrying about what to do after September 11, Bin Laden, the Taliban and Hussein would still be in power, and at least the US if not other 1st-world nations would be dealing with terrorism. France would have surrendered already.

I dont really have a political view either way we still have taxes and laws. So as long as I dont get stuck making the laws, Im good. Im obstain. I guess is what it is called whne you dont exactly belong or affliate yourself if on particular party.

Back