Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KART

• Nascar

• J

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Dec 8 2003, 07:19 PM-->
@Dec 8 2003, 04:11 PM
Heck, I'd love to drive for absolutely series that'd take me. :)

As for dreams, I've drempt about driving the Civic around the streets, and once driving it alongside F1 cars on the track, and keeping up. :)

A Civic keeping up with an F1? Maybe in a freefall :lol:

Actualy I think a civic HB would pass a F1 in a free fall, its more compact, and the F1 is more spread out... :)

Originally posted by djyox+Dec 9 2003, 04:05 AM-->
Originally posted by Silverchild79@Dec 8 2003, 07:19 PM
DarkHand
@Dec 8 2003, 04:11 PM
Heck, I'd love to drive for absolutely series that'd take me. :)

As for dreams, I've drempt about driving the Civic around the streets, and once driving it alongside F1 cars on the track, and keeping up. :)

A Civic keeping up with an F1? Maybe in a freefall :lol:

Actualy I think a civic HB would pass a F1 in a free fall, its more compact, and the F1 is more spread out... :)

Laws of physics say they'll fall at the same rate...soo um...the Civic and F1 car are even... :)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 9 2003, 04:08 AM

Laws of physics say they'll fall at the same rate...soo um...the Civic and F1 car are even... :)

assuming the only force affecting the fall of the cars is gravity, like in a vaccuum

but you have to take into account air resistance, cross sectional area of the car, mass, etc...

Originally posted by SolReaver+Dec 9 2003, 04:19 AM-->
revolution8k
@Dec 9 2003, 04:08 AM

assuming the only force affecting the fall of the cars is gravity, like in a vaccuum

but you have to take into account air resistance, cross sectional area of the car, mass, etc...

:withstupid:

he is backing up my point

Originally posted by SolReaver+Dec 9 2003, 04:19 AM-->
revolution8k

Laws of physics say they'll fall at the same rate...soo um...the Civic and F1 car are even...  :)

Drop a feather and a bowling ball from 3 feet or more if your heart so desires.... They'll land at the same time. Did you never watch Bill Nye the Science guy? :D

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 9 2003, 04:23 AM-->
Originally posted by SolReaver@Dec 9 2003, 04:19 AM
revolution8k

Laws of physics say they'll fall at the same rate...soo um...the Civic and F1 car are even...  :)

Drop a feather and a bowling ball from 3 feet or more if your heart so desires.... They'll land at the same time. Did you never watch Bill Nye the Science guy? :D

i hope to god youre joking

if we drop the objects in a vaccuum, where there is no air resistance, then yes they will fall at the same speed

and the bowling ball will hit the ground first, it has a higher terminal velocity and is affected less by air resistance

http://students.itec.sfsu.edu/edad728/FINA...y/brichter.html

hello and welcome to physics 101

Originally posted by SolReaver+Dec 9 2003, 04:36 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 9 2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by SolReaver@Dec 9 2003, 04:19 AM
revolution8k

i hope to god youre joking

if we drop the objects in a vaccuum, where there is no air resistance, then yes they will fall at the same speed

and the bowling ball will hit the ground first, it has a higher terminal velocity and is affected less by air resistance

http://students.itec.sfsu.edu/edad728/FINA...y/brichter.html

hello and welcome to physics 101

you guessed it, I was joking.

me = bored :p

I'm slipping up on physics this marking period. I've got a mid-B. I had a mid-A last period. Errrr. I'm still rolling with a 98% in Calculus though. :p

I don't see why all of you can hate Nascar. I will bet that it has the most competition than any of the other series will see.... combined. Well... Indy is fairly competitive.

Did you guys see that the F1 teams are only allowed one engine per weekend and if they need another then they drop back 10 positions on the grid. Pretty cool. Time for reliable 900 hp monsters. (I see that they are changing quite a bit toward Nascar specs now.... makes you kinda wonder.)

Back