What Radiator would you recommend?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DeanJoyce.com

hey guys, i just put an h22a in my 92 accord and it can use a good radiator since this stock one is pretty shot. what brand radiator would be best for my h22a, but will fit into my accord with no modifications? i'm looking for something as light as possible as well as something that will cool effectively.
thanks in advance!
dean@deanjoyce.com

You can get yourself a Fluidyne radiator. You should be able to use your stock fans with it. It'll probably run you about $400 plus shipping, I know someone always has a group buy going on them at groupbuycenter.com

Otherwise, Toyo makes the stock radiator for your car, that's a decent choice for a new one as well.

If you don't want to spend $400- $500 on a radiator, try Modine. It was $125 from Advanced and has a metal tank instead of the crappy plastic one. Direct OEM replacement.

HAAH...silly question..do new high performance radiators actually add horsepower??? i dont knwo who to believe...some of my friends say yes...some say no...IM SO CONFUSED:(

"Add" horsepower? No. Will they free up horsepower after your car has been running for awhile, compared to the older radiator you had? Yeah, probably, since, as the heat of the system increases, power decreases.

Why spend $350- $500 for a radiator thats overkill for its application. The stock cooling system is modifiable enough to allow cooling for most setups. Its when you do serious engine work for drag times that you need one. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Jul 22 2003, 06:27 AM
the h22a is an overheating piece of shit, anything to keep it cooler is better if you ask me.

haha yea right. bitterness is probably just a sign that an h22 beat ya before.

Back