what rapes a veyron?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

Limited to 15 cars worldwide, the "Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition" is a completely legal roadcar. The project was born at the German company "Weineck Engineering", and is immediatley recognisable by the enormous airscoop on the bonnet. It's necessary to pump enough air into the huge 12.9 litre (!), or 780 cubic inch engine. Press the gaspedal to prepare for launch, and more than half a litre of gasoline flows through the carburator.
The engine reaches 1100 bhp @ 7000rpm, and a torque of 1760 Nm @ 5600rpm. The figures are amazing: a specific power of 0.9 kg/ bhp, 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in only 4.9 seconds, and onto 300 km/h (186 mph) in exactly 10 seconds.
All this power is transferred to the rear axle using a manual 4-speed transmission.
The car stands on 18" 255mm/40mm tires in the front, and 18" 315mm/35mm tires in the back.

0-200 km/h in 4.9 sec
0-300 km/h in 10 seconds
1200Hp, 1760Nm, 1080kg.

To compare this to a Veryron

Veyron gets to 200 kph in 7.3 sec. 2.4 seconds slower
Veyron gets to 300 kph in 16.7 sec. 6.7 second slower.

http://www.exoticcarsite.com/pages/tuners/...dition-2005.htm

It may be fast - but it's still a Cobra replica. And I also don't think it can do 250mph either.

Basically a Pro-stock motor in a Cobra shell. :shrug2:

i think the veyron is a much sexier and better car, but this thing is faster.

the veyron hasnt done 250 either. 252 is its estimated top speed, if i remember right.

the AC/SC Cobra eats THAT cobra... it keeps getting faster. There are 5 AC/SC Cobras with 427 Side Oilers for the track, and 1 or 2 with the 351 Cleveland. All supercharged.

Bill Cosby owns one of them (His album "200mph" is based on his Cobra)

The line up that Top Gear did, that compared by proxy what the Veyron could do to a Skyline was pure comedy.

i must have missed that top gear, i thought i had seen them all.

i remember the skyline vs mclaren one

TOP GEAR NEVER DID AN EPISODE WITH A VEYRON AND SKYLINE.

they did a McLaren and skyline like Micah said!

Quoted post[/post]]
i think the veyron is a much sexier and better car, but this thing is faster.

the veyron hasnt done 250 either. 252 is its estimated top speed, if i remember right.

Actually it has been taken up to 252mph several times including one of the big three car magazine's. I think it was car and driver.

and that car does very little for me. It is just using old technology and just making everything bigger. The Veyron is the ultiment car. Its not designed as a sports car but as the ultiment driving machine with no compromises to luxury. The veyron is an engineering marvel. That cobra is...well back yard engineering.

that car couldnt handle as well as the veyron. like someone said up there. its a big motor in a replica cobra shell. nothing fancy. its like comparing a turboed/swapped civic to an M3. they may both be quick but the M3 is just such nicer car. same goes for the cobra/veyron comparison. id rather have the veyron.

..... but can it turn?

and sure, numbers are impressive.... but is it useable power?

with such a short wheel base, the only thing i can see good for that cobra is donut machine. the second you give it power, its just going to spin it self out.
even at 100 mph.

Quoted post[/post]]
CCX = Sex

Veyron = still ugly as hell.
ccx is a bad ass car but as top gear said, its gives you thrills like getting stabbed over and over again. Clarkson got it to about 200 on his test track, went to brake, then spun out. The Stig took it out and crashed it on the test track. The Veyron is said to have a ton of grip everywhere and is like sex everytime you drive it.

Just looked at it for the first time, and I call bullshit.

No one builds a kit that can do 200+ MPH.

780 in that thing ? Not without a space frame.

Yes, I'm sure it's powerful as hell, but I don't believe the claims. Maybe theoretical, but never practical.

-> S

Back