what sensor is this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

irunfromcops

fbab9e28.jpg

fbab9d5a.jpg

on the wiring diagram i have it says that on the D motor the plug off the the harness plugs into the "EVAP purge control solenoid valve" but the R has no EVAP so it can't plug into the sensor on the manifold but what the hell plugs into that sensor on the manifold :huh:

Just plug it in. if the book says it doesn't need it. then chances are that the ECU won't look for it, so it won't hurt it to plug it in and then you don't have a loose plug flying around.

Darin

the black one on the intake or the black on with the blue inner?

the black one on the intake runner is the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor and i believe the plug you are looking at goes to the IAT but the plug may have been different. if its not the IAT then its the charcoal purge sensor.

Originally posted by DTEC@Jul 15 2003, 11:19 AM
the black one on the intake or the black on with the blue inner?

the black one on the intake runner is the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor and i believe the plug you are looking at goes to the IAT but the plug may have been different. if its not the IAT then its the charcoal purge sensor.

the IAT on the ex harness plugs into the intake tube so should i cut the sensor off and splice in the IAT plug off the R harness then lengthen the wire to plug it in?

Originally posted by irunfromcops@Jul 15 2003, 12:07 PM
the IAT on the ex harness plugs into the intake tube so should i cut the sensor off and splice in the IAT plug off the R harness then lengthen the wire to plug it in?

yeppers!

yeah you need to cut the connector and solder it, I just did a ctr swap and had the same problem.

Back