what should i ask ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
im thinking about selling this bike its a kz400 it runs great but it does need carb work before it will run again, what should i ask for something like this, after i clean it up of course

Attachments

• lol 003.jpg
    lol 003.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 169
That's aweomse, I have just seen one, in mint shape for $3000. The guy that bought it loves it.

But, I would get it if you wanted to be a collector. This 400 is going to piss you off around every corner. For it to be a reliable daily rider, you'll need lots of work. Carb work, valve work, new tires, new brakes and cable replacements. I'm saying this just looking at a picture, but I have the idea it's been away for a LONG time. And judging by the nice condition of the seat, I don't think it was used too often.

So for a daily rider, not a great idea - But for a collector, it's a great choice.

And yeah, this one in mint shape was $3000 all day long. The guy would have paid more.

But being in the south, you have older things that are more common. All of your money is to be made up here in the NE where rust and crappy storage is a huge issue. If you get this cleaned up and running right.. you're going to have to wait a while to get the collectors to come around, but $2000 may be a good price without intense mechanical work.

yea i got it dirt ass cheap the guy i got it from said it didnt run but he was a old man trying to start it with the key in the wrong spot lol,..i got it hone and she fired up fine.i road it all summer in my yard and stuff, but then the carb went out , it needs a few things here and there but nothing major, i was trying to figure out a good starting price to ask for it if i sell it.

Well a quick sale can be $500. I would hold onto it, buy the tires at least and take it to some bike gatherings this spring.

Like Blanco says, you gotta promote these things. The market you're selling to isn't easy.

i will snatch a arm off for 500 bucks lol, im gona clean her up the next warm day

Back