What should i be watching for.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zexhuffer

I am planning on swapping out my d16z6 from my 92 si and dropping in a first gen b16 into it.

I was planning on a turbo d but am not looking forward to putting the time and money into a d series engine when a b has much more capability and 40+ hp just to start with. I will be going for a b series turbo by next summer (almost fully planned out already) but first and for most i would like to know what problems others have had with a 1st gen swap into there eg's.

I have read alot of articles and know there will always be shit you never planned for but to make it a bit easier on myself i'd like to know some common problems people have had.

Thanks alot guys

Zexhuffer

Are you sure 1st gen? If you live in Cali that won't pass smog. Best bet go for the SiR2 its a direct bolt in I believe. The SiR1 is OBD-0. Hope this helps

I realize it's ob1 but a few wires a new dizzy and it's all good plus at 1000 less the 1st gen is just as good...hp wise.

Zexhuffer

Dude, don't get an SiR I. It's a pain to convert from OBD 1 to 2 and it won't pass smog as easily (not at all in Cali) in most states. The SiR is a direct bolt-in and the wiring is basically plug n play.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 6 2003, 12:30 AM
Dude, don't get an SiR I. It's a pain to convert from OBD 1 to 2 and it won't pass smog as easily (not at all in Cali) in most states. The SiR is a direct bolt-in and the wiring is basically plug n play.

I live in Toronto Canada and am not worried about legal issues about smog and such.

My car is obd 1 now d16z6....which i believe is the same as some b16's...but 1st gen is which i want is obd0 which means with the change of my dizzy and vtec wiring i can convert it and im off.

Im asking what i should be watching for when changing this over.

Zexhuffer

i thought about going the same route... but then you're stuck with a piece of shit cable tranny that no one wants... and trying to find a hydraulic one to replace it with.. the wiring is a headache... trying to hunt down the proper distributor and injectors and everything gets to be expensive... plus you'll have to change the driver side upper engine bracket as well as the mount.. (which is an often forgotten thing)

overall.. if you want to do it.. go for it, but it's just not a recommended swap..

my input is watch for the upper driver side mount.. you'll need the new mount and the piece from the block to the mount from a del sol VTEC.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10

oh yea.. and you have an obd1 chassis harness that is none to friendly with an obd0 ECU.

Damn after hearing that shit i might just stay with a d series...lol

It's just that 2nd gen b 16's are damn expensive and i could do a turbo d for almost the same price with less headaches.

Zexhuffer

fuck d-series. fuck it in its ass with a big rubber dick.

you can get a B16A SiRII obd1 for like 1400 bucks, man. do yourself a favor and get the same OBD as your car.

don't be a moron like me and put an obd0 in ANYTHING.

i've never seen a sir II for 1400.
look to pay aroud 2400 .. unless there is some hidden place that i dont know of that sells them for thousands less....

but fuck a d series.

just get the b16 and go to town.,

the SiR is odb0, I did the swap and had problems down the road, get the motor that was supposed to go in their, I went with a SiR2 and loved it, honestly night and day difference as opposed to the SiR motor, plus some other mods also.

Back