What should i do...anybody please help!!!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94_FF DX

I have a 94 stock D15B7 with an AEM SRI, it smokes whenever you get on the gas really hard, and i believe that my piston rings are bad. I need a faster engine anyway so what i was thinking was to either swap it out for a D15B or just get a VTEC head? Any help or advice would be great.

I have a 94 stock D15B7 with an AEM SRI, it smokes whenever you get on the gas really hard, and i believe that my piston rings are bad. I need a faster engine anyway so what i was thinking was to either swap it out for a D15B or just get a VTEC head? Any help or advice would be great.

Why not make your life easier and just get a Z6? That way you don't have to worry about anything that comes along in doing a mini-me. They're very affordable. Just my two cents. Best of luck to you my friend. :thumbsup:

The mini-me just seemed like a promising swap for my honda. I havent really read much on a Z6. THey are a 1.6 L right? Can you tell me about that engine?

The Z6 has the head that you'd probably be swapping on if you were to do a Mini-Me. It's essentially the same as your D15, but with an extra .1 liter of displacement, slightly higher compression, and obviously, the VTEC-equipped head with more aggressive cams then your 1.5 liter has. It's probably one of the better single-cam engines that Honda has put out...

The Z6 has the head that you'd probably be swapping on if you were to do a Mini-Me. It's essentially the same as your D15, but with an extra .1 liter of displacement, slightly higher compression, and obviously, the VTEC-equipped head with more aggressive cams then your 1.5 liter has. It's probably one of the better single-cam engines that Honda has put out...

I couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup: On top of that, I would tend to think that you will end up finding it for less than a D15B. That's just my thought.

just do the d16z6 swap.

doing a mini-me wont fix your piston problems anyways.

Back