What Should I Do Next?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by padank@Jun 26 2003, 09:08 AM
all of you that said motor swap are probly spending all your parents money and not your own.
must be nice!

the last time i checked i got every single part for my car with my own money. why don't you go off into your little Protege 5 world and fuk yourself. I hate n00bs that come on here and start talking smack to people just cuz they don't hear what they were hoping for. :angry:

If you want the truth, i think that car looks ugly as fuk. that car is officially marked as being "ricey" in my book. no taste havin, can't think for himself, wasting money on stupid shit, talking smack about something you know nothing about asshole. if you had half the IQ of a fukin monkey you wouldn't have spent your money on all that bullshit.

here's what he was thinking before he made all those mods, "Let's see...i've got a near stock D16 but I think it needs more fuel because of that intake I put on there. it's should give me an extra 162whp because that's what they had in TF&TF."

You're a bandwagon mofo, a trailor trash bitch, you aint even smart enough to hook up your own ride...you had to hook up your gf's...i hope she leaves your ass and all that money you spent on the car goes down the drain. :whatafucktard:

I say you guys ban that fuker for talking shit about the site and the swaps some of us have. :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

Originally posted by rsaeini+Jun 26 2003, 03:49 PM-->
@Jun 26 2003, 09:08 AM
all of you that said motor swap are probly spending all your parents money and not your own.
must be nice!

the last time i checked i got every single part for my car with my own money. why don't you go off into your little Protege 5 world and fuk yourself. I hate n00bs that come on here and start talking smack to people just cuz they don't hear what they were hoping for. :angry:

If you want the truth, i think that car looks ugly as fuk. that car is officially marked as being "ricey" in my book. no taste havin, can't think for himself, wasting money on stupid shit, talking smack about something you know nothing about asshole. if you had half the IQ of a fukin monkey you wouldn't have spent your money on all that bullshit.

here's what he was thinking before he made all those mods, "Let's see...i've got a near stock D16 but I think it needs more fuel because of that intake I put on there. it's should give me an extra 162whp because that's what they had in TF&TF."

You're a bandwagon mofo, a trailor trash bitch, you aint even smart enough to hook up your own ride...you had to hook up your gf's...i hope she leaves your ass and all that money you spent on the car goes down the drain. :whatafucktard:

I say you guys ban that fuker for talking shit about the site and the swaps some of us have. :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

If wanted to jump on the bandwagon I would of bought a Civic, but instead I bought something different.

3 out of what 15 replies actually read my Question the rest just blurted out swap!

To the 3 that did thanks!
fbd4a017.jpg

03' Lazer Blue Mica P5 2500miles!
Mazdaspeed Axle-back, Mazdaspeed front Wind Splitter, Mazdaspeed springs,struts,rear sway bars and rear crossmember, PIAA 912 reverse bulbs, Catz 9005, Audi H.I.D conversion, Wizard H3, Honda S2000 Antenna. Brembo drilled & slotted front and rear.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 26 2003, 01:54 PM
Well, since you're going there. Notice the name of the site is HondaSwap.com, not HondaUpgradeYourStockEngine.com.

that is quite possibly the dumbest shit ive read this week

so what your saying is even if you like the engine you have and want to work with it a little, you cant... if you want to stay here, you HAVE to swap :bash:

yes the site is centered around performance and a big part of performance with hondas is swapping
but that doesnt mean that the person who wants to boost their LS or EX or Si or go all motor in their H22 prelude or GSR or ITR or Si is any less entitled to be here

there are very few girls out there that care enough about performance to bother with a swap or a heavy boost setup etc... most girls that are interested in cars want something a little quick that looks good TO THEM..... while myself and others might think that there is nothing more beautiful than a stock bodied car gutted lowered with REAL coilovers on some -10lb 15s... i have not met many girls that feel the same way (i have met a few)....

this guy is trying to help his girl figure out what to do next on her car to make it a little faster
she probly didnt want to come on here herself and deal with the leg-humping fucktards on here... cant say i blame her

now stop being fucking cockchokes and give the fucking guy some help

padank if you need any help shoot me an IM i use to have a similar engine to the one in her car i can give you some pointers

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jun 26 2003, 06:12 PM-->
@Jun 26 2003, 01:54 PM
Well, since you're going there. Notice the name of the site is HondaSwap.com, not HondaUpgradeYourStockEngine.com.

so what your saying is even if you like the engine you have and want to work with it a little, you cant... if you want to stay here, you HAVE to swap :bash:

yes the site is centered around performance and a big part of performance with hondas is swapping
but that doesnt mean that the person who wants to boost their LS or EX or Si or go all motor in their H22 prelude or GSR or ITR or Si is any less entitled to be here

there are very few girls out there that care enough about performance to bother with a swap or a heavy boost setup etc... most girls that are interested in cars want something a little quick that looks good TO THEM..... while myself and others might think that there is nothing more beautiful than a stock bodied car gutted lowered with REAL coilovers on some -10lb 15s... i have not met many girls that feel the same way (i have met a few)....

this guy is trying to help his girl figure out what to do next on her car to make it a little faster
she probly didnt want to come on here herself and deal with the leg-humping fucktards on here... cant say i blame her

padank if you need any help shoot me an IM i use to have a similar engine to the one in her car i can give you some pointers

Thanks your one of the few that did help. Everything you said was right on point.

There is a pic of my ride above, and a list of what i've done so far.
I believe i've done well with it so far, being it only has 2500 miles.
I guess now that they see I have my own project, they might understand why I'm not going to do a motor swap into someone elses car.

Well thank and I will IM you when I need to.

I actually read your post and i said get a swap because you're gonna spend all this money trying to get better performance out of the car and the most effective way of doing that is to chuck your stocker and get a B or H series. this is all IMO ofcourse.

then you had to go and try to talk shit about us spending mommy and daddy's money on our swaps. well, that pissed me off and it makes you sound like a fucktard for even saying that. you don't know any of us and you have no idea what we do to get what we have.

E, i agree with you...that comment from Blanco was pretty stupid.

Padank, IMO...if you want help and ideas on here you need to be open about the suggestions and comments people make. you can't be an asshole and knock people for commenting on here. if you don't like what I have to say then oh well, go climb up someone elses tree.

Originally posted by Blanco+Jun 26 2003, 07:50 PM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 26 2003, 06:12 PM
Blanco
@Jun 26 2003, 01:54 PM
Well, since you're going there.  Notice the name of the site is HondaSwap.com, not HondaUpgradeYourStockEngine.com.

Right on. Thanks for completely missing my point. :thumbsup:

I don't give a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut if someone wants rice, performance or both from their car. Guess what? For the first two or so years that I owned my car, I didn't do jackshit to it. I bought it already lowered with tinted windows, chrome rims, GReddy exhaust and Momo steering wheel and shift knob. I bought it months before I saw FNF and because I liked the way it looked. I didn't care about how fast it went for quite a while, but I also didn't do anything else to it other than a system. In fact, I just bought an '88 hatch with a ZC in it and I plan on doing what I can to that engine before investing in my ITR or GSR swap in my other hatch, to gain some experience working on the 4G. But, sadly, I guess I just don't understand someone just wanting what will work for them...pity really.

Now, on to what my point was. He came to site gear towards engine swapping and seemed offended with that was provided as an option. Most of the people who are here, and out of the circle of friends, are here for the swap information. If I actually thought this site was exclusively about swaps, I'd be pretty fucking stupid since there's those nifty "supsension" and "buy/sell" threads, among others. In fact, I've had many non-swap related questions answered on this site, but I didn't start flaming people when they gave me answers I wasn't looking for.

You know why that was my only reply? Because I don't know shit about working cars, that's why I joined the site. My reply was directed at his flaming of damn near everyone who's a member of this site. I'm personally offended when someone says, "the only reason you've got that is because momsy and dadsy bought it for you"...fuck that, I work for my money and I scrounge and save for what I buy. My girlfriend doesn't even buy my gear...neither car nor drum. Could it be, possibly, that the people who said that dreaded word, "swap", were actually giving their opinion on what they think he should do? Since, after all, he did ask for opinions. He want's to hook his woman's car up, fuckin' right on. I don't see even one problem with that, and I don't see one problem with building up your stock engine. I do, however, see a problem with being a dick when you don't get the exact answer you were looking for. In fact, I see that as acting like an immature child. His post was like a spoiled little brat who didn't get what he wanted exactly how he wanted it. But, of course, I'm the fucktard.

Whatever. :ufucktard:

I told everyone in the first post I made that I wasn't going to do a Swap and what was most of the replies about? Swap the motor!

I hope I am not the start of this since you guys used my quote, I answered your Q as the first post to this I believe, at least I think I did.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 26 2003, 08:25 PM
I hope I am not the start of this since you guys used my quote, I answered your Q as the first post to this I believe, at least I think I did.

Milan

you were one of the few that hooked me up with some of the info I needed!
Thanks

Chris

Originally posted by Blanco+Jun 26 2003, 08:25 PM-->
@Jun 26 2003, 07:58 PM
I told everyone in the first post I made that I wasn't going to do a Swap and what was most of the replies about? Swap the motor!

I understand that completely. But, to most on this site, swapping out the D series engine is the best option. I'd say bore/sleeve it to at 1.8l, port/polish the head or put in a new cam. Also, get a full catback exhaust like an Apex World Sport, GReddy EVO, or a Tanabe.

Now that is something else that would of helped me! I know Gude is out there or they where but I believe I would be lookin at around $1200 for a head from them, right? And that is way more than I want to dish out. It is Gude right it's been awhile since i've talked much about Honda's.

About The Venom 400?

anyone here have one and is it worth the money? they can be had all day on Ebay for around$265

Or V-AFC?

they are to be had also on Ebay and they are cheaper, but i know hook-up is a pain and setting everything is probly as well. And the Venom just comes into play when it feels it's needed.

Thanks

Chris

Originally posted by Judo_boy_48@Jun 26 2003, 07:03 PM
U have an s2000 antenna on ur mazda?

S2000 antenna is stubby, mazda one is long!
If what your trying to say is why am I putting Honda parts on a mazda? That would be like me asking someone why they put Z3 style fenders on a honda.

If thats the case why didn't you ask me why I have AUDI H.I.D's?
Oh yeah this is a Honda site not Audi

Originally posted by padank+Jun 26 2003, 09:48 PM-->
Judo_boy_48
@Jun 26 2003, 07:03 PM

If what your trying to say is why am I putting Honda parts on a mazda? That would be like me asking someone why they put Z3 style fenders on a honda.

i think he was aiming more @ that you're a racer

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 26 2003, 11:22 PM-->
Originally posted by padank@Jun 26 2003, 09:48 PM
Judo_boy_48
@Jun 26 2003, 07:03 PM

i think he was aiming more @ that you're a racer

How do you get ricer out of swapping a antenna?

That is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

Your trying to hard, and besides why bring some more dumbass comments to the post.

To be honest I have never used any products from Gude, but have heard nothing but bad comments about them. I don't wanted to be that person that just posts comments from what others have heard or said on other internet borads but this is fact. I would consider contacting them, along with some others for head work, I have read some articles about zex products for the sohc's. If you search on this site there are some sohc heads here. Have you considered a CAI, bc one of my buddies didn't want to swap motors also and all he put on his ride was a aem unit and for some reason it moved much much quicker than most sohc's with mods, but he was a great drive at the same time.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 27 2003, 12:23 PM
To be honest I have never used any products from Gude, but have heard nothing but bad comments about them. I don't wanted to be that person that just posts comments from what others have heard or said on other internet borads but this is fact. I would consider contacting them, along with some others for head work, I have read some articles about zex products for the sohc's. If you search on this site there are some sohc heads here. Have you considered a CAI, bc one of my buddies didn't want to swap motors also and all he put on his ride was a aem unit and for some reason it moved much much quicker than most sohc's with mods, but he was a great drive at the same time.

Milan

i have thought about it, if i did i would have to put her other bumper back on, the one on it now is vented right where the filter would be, which is great if it never rained! There is piping to the filter right now from the vent, which turns her filter into a damn sandbox. I works well the way it is. Some might think ghetto! But It works. And it don't suck up water.

dude, ur car isnt to bad, u need a little more black in there to make it look les white, a CF hood would do nicely. and i know u will hate hearing this, but a swap will be the best bang for buck u can get, i believe u said it was so, so a b16 swap would be cake, also a b18b swap would be cake and cost u about the same as building a D. on the other hand if u wanna stick with ur D, use 1 of the holes in ur bumper run some dryer tubing from the whole to ur intake to act as a cold air/cool ur engine down. next, get a good 4-1 header with 2.25" cat back exhaust to a real exhaust. i have a racing cat on my car, it did nothing dont waist ur time. next lighten ur flywheel to 12 lbs. get a new good clutch in there, swap in a big cam. next port your IM, and possibly your head. that should be alot of power, if u need to tune it get a VAFC. if u still want more power, bore/sleeve your cylinders, or get some boost.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Jun 27 2003, 01:20 PM
dude, ur car isnt to bad, u need a little more black in there to make it look les white, a CF hood would do nicely. and i know u will hate hearing this, but a swap will be the best bang for buck u can get, i believe u said it was so, so a b16 swap would be cake, also a b18b swap would be cake and cost u about the same as building a D. on the other hand if u wanna stick with ur D, use 1 of the holes in ur bumper run some dryer tubing from the whole to ur intake to act as a cold air/cool ur engine down. next, get a good 4-1 header with 2.25" cat back exhaust to a real exhaust. i have a racing cat on my car, it did nothing dont waist ur time. next lighten ur flywheel to 12 lbs. get a new good clutch in there, swap in a big cam. next port your IM, and possibly your head. that should be alot of power, if u need to tune it get a VAFC. if u still want more power, bore/sleeve your cylinders, or get some boost.

thats what the holes in the bumper are there for, i've done the dryer duct thing already. And everything else sounds good.

The reason behind building up the D motor is as follows.
The motor is there,
I'm not going to just dish out $1500+ out for a swap on someone elses car.
It's no problem to everyonce and awhile buy a $100 to $300 part.
It might not be as fast as a stock B16 but I didn't drain my Bank Account to get it to where it is.
Or atleast i didn't feel like i did because it was all done over a long period of time.
And hell, after the swap would of been done, then what would I have? another $ hole.

there will always be a next guy that says why did you do a swap? you should of just bought a Mustang w/ all that money! So on and so on.

I think i've made up my mind on the next mod, it will probly be the exhaust!

Thanks

Chris

I told you to swap becuase i didnt want to you wasting your money or your girl friends. Hey also my parents didnt help me do my swap or anything else on my car, and it would own your slow ass junk car anyday. Do me a faver and tell your girl to come over to my place or talk to anyone who knows about cars what so ever.

:blah:
:newbie:

his car will 90% surely out handle yours any day
if you knew dick about cars you would know that
the protege is one of the better handling cars out there

not everyone lives their lives a 1/4 mile at a time ... some of us would rather have handling ability than straight line perfomance

but your probly one of those assclowns that thinks hondas are the pinnacle of automotive performance :rolleyes:

Sorry dude I was talking about my civic because thats what his girlfriend has ... I def think that my WRX would shit on his MP5 to...

hmm.. nope I no hondas arnt the best cars on the road, maybe if you owned your own shop aswell you would to. I know more about cars then you would in 100 life times.

what do you drive agian ? some 12 year old kid that gets rides from his mom and reads SCC or import tuner.

Back