what should i do next

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

matthewoleschuk

hey everyone i am looking for ideas for the next thing i should do to my car. i am sick of going to a performance shop and all they do is try to get you to buy the most expensive thing listed or try to get you to buy what they are clearing out in their store. I have done CAI TB IM headers custom exhaust just replace spark plugs, wires and distributer and i have also done a short shifter. i know that everyone is going to say swap it or go turbo but i am a do it yourselfer and i only have one vechicle so a big job like that right know is out of the question. Any ideas and experiences with doing other things would be great. i am looking to get the most power for my money. should i do electronics, pulleys? i need some advice

Intake.

Not the silly ass looking cone filters, unless you like the look.
IMO, best thing to do would be get K&N drop in for the stock box.
Then look into some inexpensive tubing/hose to run from the box to somewhere away from engine heat.

Budget DIY cold air, FTW.

if you can't afford any down time with the vehicle why not take it and have it tuned, so you can get the most out of what you have

my main thing is getting to work monday to friday. i can deal with not having the car to drive on the weekend because if i am working on it then i dont need to be going anywhere. and if i need something i have relatives to get me around. money for parts isnt a big deal. its just that if i go turbo or do a swap i might not get it doen within a weekend and i live in an apartment so i dont really have a definite storage space or place to do it. i know i can get the engine swapped and doen by a mechanic within a day or two but i dont want to spend $1000 getting someone to do it when i would enjoy doing it myself and spending that money on upgrades.i was thinking of maybe doing camshaft and cam gears but i know there is a lot more work in it then just bolting something on

i was just wondering if you noticed a difference with the camshaft. is it worth the money. i am just having a hard time deciding what to do

i know what it does and i know it will increase performance. what i am looking for is peoples actual experience and what they got out of certain parts. you can read everywhere on the internet about how much horsepower it will add. but it doesnt mean that is what your going to get out of it. on what kind of setup did you gain 30whp with. turbo, dohc, sohc???? because the horsepower you gain will be different between different setups.

Back