1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should I Do To My D16z6

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by wisemansoji, Jan 5, 2003.

1. wisemansoji

wisemansoji Senior Member

I got a 94 cx HB and i put a d16z6 into it. I got sports chip for 8100 redline, bigger spark plug wires, apexi N1 cat exaust, Greddy header, and a ram air intake. I was wondering what direction I should go next and with what brands I should stick with, plus what other honda trannys can bolt onto a d16 engine......... integra LS Tranny??????

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

read the faqs about trannys (and about 98% of all other parts) a bseries tranny can not go onto a dseries engine. If you want a better tranny, look at the 92-95 civic si tranny (came with the z6 engine.) Before you go reving to 8k plus, upgrade your valve train and maybe even your bottom end.

3. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

Well the LS tranny wont bolt.. b-series.. and its geared longer, so its not the best for NA apps. Bigger sparkplug wires? Honda OEM ignition is more then enough to handle what you have (in a streetable NA fashion). IMO the only way to make your ZC go is to turbo it. You can also save and go b-series or h22 or boost a h23 and stick that into your Civic.

Brands for a d-series? Those engines you wont find a lot of aftermarket support. You can get an IM from Venon, N2O from ZEX, lighten the flywheel, get a better clutch, get a quaffie LSD, BBK TB.. I think ZEX makes a cam for it, dont know tho. Bigger pistons from Endyn, rods from Eagle. The final outcome of a d-series, can be blown away by the same money invested into a b-series.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

DEF do springs/retianers in the head if you want to rev that high. i notice a little float around 7600 (just about stock cut off)

and shit- keep the cx tranny if you want- dump a 75 shot on it :)

5. cws13

cws13 Senior Member

:huh: DO NOT REV THAT MOTOR THAT HIGH. At Honda we had a kid come through the door with a rod hanging out of his block once a week for three weeks and had them replaced under warrenty. Until they cracked open his ECU and found the chip.... Your fuel cut is where it is for a reason, the valve train isn't light enough to take it and for the $ you would spend you could have another motor.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted