What Should I Do To My D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

I got a 94 cx HB and i put a d16z6 into it. I got sports chip for 8100 redline, bigger spark plug wires, apexi N1 cat exaust, Greddy header, and a ram air intake. I was wondering what direction I should go next and with what brands I should stick with, plus what other honda trannys can bolt onto a d16 engine......... integra LS Tranny??????

Originally posted by wisemansoji@Jan 5 2003, 11:23 PM
I got a 94 cx HB and i put a d16z6 into it. I got sports chip for 8100 redline, bigger spark plug wires, apexi N1 cat exaust, Greddy header, and a ram air intake. I was wondering what direction I should go next and with what brands I should stick with, plus what other honda trannys can bolt onto a d16 engine......... integra LS Tranny??????

read the faqs about trannys (and about 98% of all other parts) a bseries tranny can not go onto a dseries engine. If you want a better tranny, look at the 92-95 civic si tranny (came with the z6 engine.) Before you go reving to 8k plus, upgrade your valve train and maybe even your bottom end.

Originally posted by wisemansoji@Jan 5 2003, 11:23 PM

Well the LS tranny wont bolt.. b-series.. and its geared longer, so its not the best for NA apps. Bigger sparkplug wires? Honda OEM ignition is more then enough to handle what you have (in a streetable NA fashion). IMO the only way to make your ZC go is to turbo it. You can also save and go b-series or h22 or boost a h23 and stick that into your Civic.

Brands for a d-series? Those engines you wont find a lot of aftermarket support. You can get an IM from Venon, N2O from ZEX, lighten the flywheel, get a better clutch, get a quaffie LSD, BBK TB.. I think ZEX makes a cam for it, dont know tho. Bigger pistons from Endyn, rods from Eagle. The final outcome of a d-series, can be blown away by the same money invested into a b-series.

DEF do springs/retianers in the head if you want to rev that high. i notice a little float around 7600 (just about stock cut off)

and shit- keep the cx tranny if you want- dump a 75 shot on it :)

:huh: DO NOT REV THAT MOTOR THAT HIGH. At Honda we had a kid come through the door with a rod hanging out of his block once a week for three weeks and had them replaced under warrenty. Until they cracked open his ECU and found the chip.... Your fuel cut is where it is for a reason, the valve train isn't light enough to take it and for the $ you would spend you could have another motor.

Back