What Should I Do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gen2Teg

one of my close friends (female) is lettin me do whatever i want to her car :D its an automatic 98 Accord, its not a V6, and its non-VTEC.... wtf can i do? I don't want BS like I/H/E, what motor can i swap in? I don't wanna just swap in a V6 or a EX motor, but what can i do? and yea i'll probably end up converting it to stick

The obvious choice is an H-series. Go for an H23 if she wants to boost her car, or an H22 if she's just looking for some n/a power without building the thing up.

yea i know i was thinkin of that but aren't the newer accords heavier than the 94-97 ones? i know its hella power in the older ones but i just thought the newer ones were heavier than ludes.

It was the same way for the 94-97 Accords/92-96 Preludes. The Accords have always been heavier than the similar-gen Ludes. My Accord weighs in at 3000 lbs from the factory (EX with all the extras), and I think the newer Accords MAYBE weigh 3200. Not that big a difference. If you're really worried about it, drop in an H23 and boost it. But don't waste your time with the F-series if you want power. It won't happen, believe me.

i was thinking H22 boost, but n/m. what about H23 block with a H22 head plus boost or would that be a high ass compression ratio? I'm more of a B series man myself so I don't know about all that.

now be carefule with the H23.. i heard "not sure though" that the h23 dohc vtec is not street legal.... may want to check on that

dylan

I think you'd have a high CR, but I'm not sure. Don't know too much about that hybrid. Maybe try the link in the pinned topic at the top of this forum?

Originally posted by DylanTheKid@Jun 18 2003, 02:50 PM
now be carefule with the H23.. i heard "not sure though" that the h23 dohc vtec is not street legal.... may want to check on that

It's as legal as any head swap. It depends on where you live. If one head swap is legal there, all are.

its illegal as fuck in california, where im from. but i really don't care. anyways, just about every mod i have on my car is illegal in california, but i could give a rats ass. As long as it works and gives me HP, its all gravy.

and oh yeah dylanthekid, please don't give me any adivce or any tips. i think my grandma knows more about honda motors than you do.

Back